Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Talking about school days...

Talking about school days...

Old Jun 25th 2004, 4:24 pm
100% Pure

DaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Ben
No, you don't have to pay to list your name, but you pay if you want to get in touch with anyone else. You can't put a contact e-mail address in your description of your life because it gets taken out. People try this to not have to pay the fees. It's only 5 GBP a year.
The fee is up to 7.50 now. Someone sent me a message the other week and I had to pay this to read it.
Old Jun 25th 2004, 4:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

USBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond repute

still less that a pizza ...
Old Jun 25th 2004, 6:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

effi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud of
Default Re: Talking about school days...

Originally posted by Ash UK/US
Has anyone checked this site out before?

http://www.friendsreunited.co.uk/friendsreunited.asp

You have to register to do a search... I joined last year... I was surpised at how many of my old school friends were listed... it was nice to hear what they were up too. It's worth checking out.

Ash
On a whim I put in the name of a girl I met during WRAF training in 1969. We were both 17 then, we finished training and got posted and lost touch, but I never forgot her. The last time I heard anything about her she was married and living in Africa. She now lives in Manchester, is divorced and a grandma. I contacted her and we emailed for a couple of months. Out of the blue she told me that her daughter who is a business woman was coming to Scottsdale to some big convention. We arranged to meet up and spent a couple of days together.

It was not the same though. She used to be so outgoing and fun to be with. Now she is very conservative and not really up for a laugh. Funny how people change, I don't think I have changed much since back then apart from the grey hair LOL. Oh well, like they say 'it is never the same when you go back'. Good site though, have had contact with a lot of people I grew up with, nice to see what everyone is doing. Funny thing though, I grew up in a small mining village in Scotland, everyone knew everyone else. It is amazing where all these people have moved to, all over the world really. Only a couple still live in the same place.
Old Jun 25th 2004, 7:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

USBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond repute

Effi - for me it was the total opposite... everyone I knew is still there.. maybe 1-2 miles away but not countries away... lots of married people in jobs they hate... only a couple that did anything interesting... hmm.. c'est la vie
Old Jun 25th 2004, 9:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

ladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by USBound
Effi - for me it was the total opposite... everyone I knew is still there.. maybe 1-2 miles away but not countries away... lots of married people in jobs they hate... only a couple that did anything interesting... hmm.. c'est la vie

I had the same experience. I read through the website with a friend who had gone to private school. All her old classmates were working in London or overseas and doing really exciting things. When it was my turn to look all the people I had been to school with were still living in the same crappy area and the most interesting thing that had happened was that one of the girls had bought a new Guinee Pig!!
Old Jun 25th 2004, 11:48 pm
dealing with it

Chopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really nice

Originally posted by ladylisa
I had the same experience. I read through the website with a friend who had gone to private school. All her old classmates were working in London or overseas and doing really exciting things. When it was my turn to look all the people I had been to school with were still living in the same crappy area and the most interesting thing that had happened was that one of the girls had bought a new Guinee Pig!!
many I went to school with have not added themselves (or at least not added what they are doing now) I can't decide whether they can't be bothered, they are embarrased about not having done much or possibly they don't even know about the site (which I doubt)