Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

The Switch...

The Switch...

Old Sep 10th 2015, 2:35 pm
Just Joined

Orbis is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: The Switch...

Thanks. I am originally from a humid part of the world so I just wanted to prepare myself for it if it was the case!
Old Sep 10th 2015, 2:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

sir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond repute

Don't take this the wrong way but I don't think $1m was much of an escape plan for a family of five with three young children. Do you have a job lined up?
Old Sep 10th 2015, 3:16 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by sir_eccles
Don't take this the wrong way but I don't think $1m was much of an escape plan for a family of five with three young children. Do you have a job lined up?
None taken. I write technical articles so can live anywhere, hence my rather open-ended questions of where to go. Am lucky in that regard.
Old Sep 10th 2015, 3:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

sir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Orbis
None taken. I write technical articles so can live anywhere, hence my rather open-ended questions of where to go. Am lucky in that regard.
I thought you said you were a teacher?
Old Sep 10th 2015, 3:48 pm
Just Joined

Both. I am not keen on going through teacher registration and having to jump through hoops and learn a new system. It's easier to press send. I don't make massive amounts from articles but enough to keep the wolf from the door. With more time I can focus on more content. Thanks for asking though!
Old Sep 10th 2015, 4:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fair enough. There are now some States where they have effed up the schools so much teachers are quoting in droves so you can now teach without qualifications. See Kansas.

Curious, what visa did you say you got?