Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Sterling relocation container packing

Sterling relocation container packing

Old Dec 13th 2017, 7:18 pm
Just Joined

Andyoxon is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Sterling relocation container packing

sterling and several other companies said that our furniture including several large wooden chests need to be empty they said if they have anything in them then the container after being X-rayed is more likely to get a physical inspection Which would incur a greater cost. Does this make any sense to you I wouldn’t have thought it should make Any difference. I know we are going to find it difficult to get everything we have in the container and I will have to leave a fare bit behind as the move has happened quickly and I haven’t had time to sell much. I would have liked to have filled the wardrobe with boxes and the large chests to save space, but the removal company seem to think it is a bad idea.

Anyone else have experience of this?
Old Dec 14th 2017, 1:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

ottotheboar has a reputation beyond reputeottotheboar has a reputation beyond reputeottotheboar has a reputation beyond reputeottotheboar has a reputation beyond reputeottotheboar has a reputation beyond reputeottotheboar has a reputation beyond reputeottotheboar has a reputation beyond reputeottotheboar has a reputation beyond reputeottotheboar has a reputation beyond reputeottotheboar has a reputation beyond reputeottotheboar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sterling relocation container packing

In spite of what people are told they will try and sneak forbidden items in so a large chest packed with items may well arouse suspicions.
If you do pack items in chests load them last then it will be the first thing they inspect when they open the container doors.
You may get away with a tailgate inspection rather than an intensive examination of the whole container which is much less expensive.