Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Sorry that you all think the USA is not as great as UK

Sorry that you all think the USA is not as great as UK

Old May 2nd 2007, 8:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

loopylorns has a reputation beyond reputeloopylorns has a reputation beyond reputeloopylorns has a reputation beyond reputeloopylorns has a reputation beyond reputeloopylorns has a reputation beyond reputeloopylorns has a reputation beyond reputeloopylorns has a reputation beyond reputeloopylorns has a reputation beyond reputeloopylorns has a reputation beyond reputeloopylorns has a reputation beyond reputeloopylorns has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sorry that you all think the USA is not as great as UK

Originally Posted by danfan
Yes and here Brownies is 1st-3rd grade, then there's Juniors & Daisies, but I cannot remember which is which.
Knew daisies were there somewhere.
Old May 8th 2007, 11:53 pm
Just Joined

Dominican is on a distinguished road

more likely he feels threaten into thinking that you may leave him so he is just going with your problem to make you feel happy again... nice of him though.. anyway I wasn't treated fairly in usa and when im in uk i felt completely free and sense of worth, more then when i was in USA.. there are so many discrimination in the USA compare to UK. But i like both country US is nice just for visit or short stay.
Good Luck

Originally Posted by amt070
I love my husband so I have stayed for his sake. He has now seen how bad it is over here & he can't wait to get to the US either
Old May 9th 2007, 12:21 am
Just Joined

Dominican is on a distinguished road

i agree in some area.. also there are so many fat people in US... i mean over the top fat that you wouldn't beleive your eyes and tried to walk past casually but could not stop yourself looking at them out of the corner of your eyes when their jeep is practually tipping over half way when the person tried to get on... Once i was there with my wife and small kids with few suitcases, we had to use the lift but few people pushed in as if they need it more then us because we were younger then them but then we are far more slimmer then they were and we were carry suitcase and two little children! i almost wanted to tell them to use the stairs to lose some weight! but im a nice englishmen so i kept it to myself. But not all american are like that though i have met some nice ones... But because it is a big country so there tend to be more accentric people there

Originally Posted by loopylorns
Danfan is right here.

In one breath your saying were all lazy yet your husband works such long hours? is he the only one in the company to do so or is there perhaps English people doing the same hours???

IMHO the wives here are looked down on for working in fact I think they are looked down on full stop.

Most of them where I live have cleaners and I have no idea how they fill their days.

Alot of the men complain about lack of sex in their marriage yet treat their wives as glorified house keepers. I started a thread about a health issue I have and was shocked that hubbies boss suggested I get a taxi to an MRI scan instead of husband being there for me to drive me there and help with baby.

Work is first here family second in the UK its family first work second.

This perhaps explains why Americans think us lazy??
Old May 9th 2007, 10:47 pm
Tool

Old William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond repute

I can understand the OP and all other Americans on this here threads frustrations.....after all what else can you expect? It rains 378 days a year here, we only have white bread made from the corn the peasants grind by hand, doctors use leeches as a cure all for everything and we only got that fangled - and if you ask me downright dangerous - electrickery stuff the other week.
Old May 9th 2007, 10:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Old William
I can understand the OP and all other Americans on this here threads frustrations.....after all what else can you expect? It rains 378 days a year here, we only have white bread made from the corn the peasants grind by hand, doctors use leeches as a cure all for everything and we only got that fangled - and if you ask me downright dangerous - electrickery stuff the other week.
Old May 9th 2007, 10:51 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

and dont forget foot and mouth
Old May 9th 2007, 10:51 pm
Tool

Old William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
Bring back the Borstals ....best juvenile detention centre
in the world at the time ...nobody ever wanted to go back after a stay there ...

System dissolved around 1982 ...
About the same time as bloody PACE was introduced....no more nice long weekend stays in the local "hotel" for billy scrote and his mates to give them time to ponder the errors of their ways either.
Old May 9th 2007, 10:54 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Ray
Bring back the Borstals ....best juvenile detention centre
in the world at the time ...nobody ever wanted to go back after a stay there ...

System dissolved around 1982 ...
very true ray.
Old May 9th 2007, 10:55 pm
Tool

Originally Posted by TruBrit
and dont forget foot and mouth
And we are all quite, quite mad yer know- courtesy of bessie and her bovine mates. Completely hatstand the lot of us. Infact only today I stuck my underpants on my head and a pencil up each nostril. Then I went out with my whistle and nightstick and I strolled the evening streets giving some chirpy sandlarks a good clipping round the ear for stealing an apple before nodding a wink at the gas lighter chappy on his rounds.

Ah yes merrie olde England tis home tis home for sure.
Old May 10th 2007, 1:42 am
Account Closed

TouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really nice

And we are all quite, quite mad yer know- courtesy of bessie and her bovine mates. Completely hatstand the lot of us. Infact only today I stuck my underpants on my head and a pencil up each nostril. Then I went out with my whistle and nightstick and I strolled the evening streets giving some chirpy sandlarks a good clipping round the ear for stealing an apple before nodding a wink at the gas lighter chappy on his rounds.

Ah yes merrie olde England tis home tis home for sure.
Old May 10th 2007, 4:21 pm
Forum Regular

deboltz will become famous soon enoughdeboltz will become famous soon enough

my mate is 26 and had a mammogram on the nhs after waiting 6 weeks