Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Sorry that you all think the USA is not as great as UK

Sorry that you all think the USA is not as great as UK

Old Apr 14th 2007, 2:24 pm
Banned

Haggerwood has a reputation beyond reputeHaggerwood has a reputation beyond reputeHaggerwood has a reputation beyond reputeHaggerwood has a reputation beyond reputeHaggerwood has a reputation beyond reputeHaggerwood has a reputation beyond reputeHaggerwood has a reputation beyond reputeHaggerwood has a reputation beyond reputeHaggerwood has a reputation beyond reputeHaggerwood has a reputation beyond reputeHaggerwood has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sorry that you all think the USA is not as great as UK

Originally Posted by Ray
Well!! in your case it was correct ..you are a tosser and a wanker ...
How did she insult your country ...just stated her case ..I noticed you never provided a reason argument .. just rudeness...
Erm have you read the opening post ? Where are your "Rules" today Raymond anyway ? This troll dared to start a thread after doing less than 100 posts which clearly violates the rules of old man Tampa. Surely by default the op must be a "toss pot" "wanker" or "tosser" ? Anyway I am putting you back on ignore because given your extreme old age the association between you and the various referances you make to masturbation revolts me.
Old Apr 14th 2007, 2:25 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TruBrit
haha we just don't care to listen to a load of bull, get enough of that here...now good bye and give my love to blighty.
She is clearly nuts.

Imagine not liking Putney...
Old Apr 14th 2007, 2:25 pm
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
FFS people ..its usually me with the attitude here
The OP has just given her opinion ..no evidence of a troll at all
Give her a break ....
Clearly a troll, and a sick one at that - 10 GP's my arse
Old Apr 14th 2007, 2:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

loopylorns has a reputation beyond reputeloopylorns has a reputation beyond reputeloopylorns has a reputation beyond reputeloopylorns has a reputation beyond reputeloopylorns has a reputation beyond reputeloopylorns has a reputation beyond reputeloopylorns has a reputation beyond reputeloopylorns has a reputation beyond reputeloopylorns has a reputation beyond reputeloopylorns has a reputation beyond reputeloopylorns has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tootsie Frickensprinkles
As a general rule that is correct. However, I know for a fact that you can get mammograms well before that with increased family risk factors.

It's like smears, UK offer every three years not every year unless conditions, treatment or family factors necessitate more frequent tests.

I have yet to find any written evidence however, to change my view that in the vast majority of cases it isn't just the US sending women for anual tests purely to make money.

For some reason though, even when "free" to go, the take up of smear testing is still lower in the UK. *shrug*
ITA.

I have yearly smear tests back in the Uk as there is family history.

I also know for a fact if there was a history of breast cancer my GP would refer me instantly.
Old Apr 14th 2007, 2:27 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by haggerwood
Anyway I am putting you back on ignore .
Best thing you can do .....
Old Apr 14th 2007, 2:28 pm
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tracym
But it is a true point, I've heard pretty similar by the Brits about the U.S.
How are the points the OP made about the NHS in any way true.

Anyway - well done folks - the troll has achieved their aim - nice scrap brewing.
I suppose it passes the time.
Old Apr 14th 2007, 2:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tootsie Frickensprinkles has a reputation beyond reputeTootsie Frickensprinkles has a reputation beyond reputeTootsie Frickensprinkles has a reputation beyond reputeTootsie Frickensprinkles has a reputation beyond reputeTootsie Frickensprinkles has a reputation beyond reputeTootsie Frickensprinkles has a reputation beyond reputeTootsie Frickensprinkles has a reputation beyond reputeTootsie Frickensprinkles has a reputation beyond reputeTootsie Frickensprinkles has a reputation beyond reputeTootsie Frickensprinkles has a reputation beyond reputeTootsie Frickensprinkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
Not as easy as you think ... I have a friend who has real problems with this in the UK ...
Unless its a particular GP or Hospital thing, it may well be one of those postcode lottery issues then.

Ex-bosses wife has a bad family history of this, has been offered a preventative double mastectomy and has had regular screens since her late 30s.
Old Apr 14th 2007, 2:30 pm
Just Joined

amt070 has much to be proud ofamt070 has much to be proud ofamt070 has much to be proud ofamt070 has much to be proud ofamt070 has much to be proud ofamt070 has much to be proud ofamt070 has much to be proud ofamt070 has much to be proud ofamt070 has much to be proud ofamt070 has much to be proud ofamt070 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Ray
Private clinic ..
http://www.opaldia.com/

Enough people ... It is difficult to get mammograms under 50 yo....
http://www.cancerscreening.nhs.uk/br...een/index.html
Thank you for being so kind. I think my real problem with the UK is I moved over to marry my husband having never really spent any time here. I have no family over here & my husband has very few family left living. I also have had 3 kids in that time.So we have had no family to be around for support. For some reason brits don't seem to be very friendly so no real friends to speak of & it's not for lack of trying.
So thanks again for your help & kindness.
Old Apr 14th 2007, 2:31 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tootsie Frickensprinkles
Unless its a particular GP or Hospital thing, it may well be one of those postcode lottery issues then.
I'm sure thats pretty much it ...
In my mother's area ..now she is 80+ they don't want to waste money on treatment of the elderly ...
Old Apr 14th 2007, 2:33 pm
Ray

Originally Posted by amt070
Thank you for being so kind. I think my real problem with the UK is I moved over to marry my husband having never really spent any time here. I have no family over here & my husband has very few family left living. I also have had 3 kids in that time.So we have had no family to be around for support. For some reason brits don't seem to be very friendly so no real friends to speak of & it's not for lack of trying.
No problem ..I'm sorry that everybody has been so bad here today ...
They are mostly good people ...A few have been real let downs ...
Old Apr 14th 2007, 2:36 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tracym
I can understand how it isn't popular here.

But it is a true point, I've heard pretty similar by the Brits about the U.S.

To each their own I'd guess.
I have been known to be pretty bitchy about the US here at BritishExpats.com.

But never, not in a million years, would I go and post such stuff at UK-Yankee.com. I would consider it rude.

(btw I am not saying that critical USCs are not welcome here, but there is a difference between responding with criticism to things someone doesn't agree with (eg you), and starting and argumentative thread and being outright rude (ie the OP).
Old Apr 14th 2007, 2:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Tracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BigDavyG
How are the points the OP made about the NHS in any way true.

Anyway - well done folks - the troll has achieved their aim - nice scrap brewing.
I suppose it passes the time.
I think you misunderstood my comment - I was not referring to what she said about anything specifically.

What I was responding to was Ray "The OP has just given her opinion"
BE Enthusiast

loopylorns has a reputation beyond reputeloopylorns has a reputation beyond reputeloopylorns has a reputation beyond reputeloopylorns has a reputation beyond reputeloopylorns has a reputation beyond reputeloopylorns has a reputation beyond reputeloopylorns has a reputation beyond reputeloopylorns has a reputation beyond reputeloopylorns has a reputation beyond reputeloopylorns has a reputation beyond reputeloopylorns has a reputation beyond repute

This is also the problem for many Brits here, the only difference for me is that i have no family at all as we are both brits.

At the end of the day it boils down to what you are used to.

Thats the long and short of it.
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Tracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Elvira
I have been known to be pretty bitchy about the US here at BritishExpats.com.

But never, not in a million years, would I go and post such stuff at UK-Yankee.com. I would consider it rude.

(btw I am not saying that critical USCs are not welcome here, but there is a difference between responding with criticism to things someone doesn't agree with (eg you), and starting and argumentative thread and being outright rude (ie the OP).
I would agree with you that it wasn't likely to be a sympathetic audience.
Old Apr 14th 2007, 2:38 pm
who turned out the light?

Irn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond repute

I am sorry to hear that you have had a hard time.

There are quite a few people here that are in exactly the same situation as you..just reversed, so they know what you are going through.

But maybe if you are here for some support etc maybe a few more posts like this one and airing your grievances in a slightly more amiable manner might win you friends here quicker - just an observation

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.