Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Something on my mind and can't sleep....

Something on my mind and can't sleep....

Old Jan 21st 2012, 4:01 am
BE Forum Addict

adjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Something on my mind and can't sleep....

Hi guys.
I am back. With a very weird story. I can't sleep because I am very scared if I am doing something illegal. Long story-short. Two individuals that I know back from home somehow found my number and called me. They said they arrived in the US 3 weeks ago and that they wish to speak to me. Well I never really liked those two guys because they only use people when they need something. And sure enough they just called me because they wanted information from me.

One of the guys said that he bankrupt back in Europe and that he has nothing and basically fled over here. He owns a big load of money over there and he said that he is not going back and wish to stay here in America. Very naive. He thinks that the USCIS are waiting for him with open arms. Seriously, how naive. I asked them how long are they staying and he said "for good" He was trying to ask me how to get work permit etc.... I told them that it is almost impossible to get legalized just because you want to come here. The whole world would be here if it was that simple. So anyway. They basically lied to the CBP officer saying that they are coming on vacation for 2 months. They showed him they have 4000 dollars in cash and CBP officer was suspicious but at the end stamped their I-94 for 6 months. I guess legally yes they can stay for 6 months however isn't that illegal? I mean They knew when they were leaving Europe that they have no intentions of going back to Europe. So isn't that concidered as "Intend to stay"? He thinks that they will get green cards or EAD and in the mean time he said they will work illegaly. Kinda upsets me , because we who are LPR's or USC's can hardly find a job and someone who has/had intentions to come knowing that they will stay illegally will take jobs.

I am scared, I do not wanna be a BITCH and report something but to protect myself, is it against the law for me to withold information that perhaps should be report it? I am asking, because in case they get caught by ICE or USCIS and if ICE or USCIS ask them if they told someone about their wrong doings and if those two individuals will mention my name I don't wanna get in trouble with the government. I am asking you guys, because a lot of you are very intelligent and knowledgeable on here and perhaps you guys know what is the right think to do. Or what would ya'll do if you were in my position.?

Thank you.
Old Jan 21st 2012, 4:35 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Something on my mind and can't sleep....

I would block their numbers, not take their calls, not talk to them, not communicate with them, and just stay out of the whole thing. My parting words would probably be something like "you should consult with an immigration attorney...since you brought so much cash with you, you have the funds to have a consultation. Good luck in your futures".

Rene
Old Jan 21st 2012, 4:36 am
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by milan79
Or what would ya'll do if you were in my position.?
Nothing.
Old Jan 21st 2012, 5:39 am
BE Forum Addict

adjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you Noorah and Fatbrit. Actually , that is what I told them to go see an immigration attorney. And he thinks that immigration attorney would turn them in.LOL Sorry I have to laugh. But yes you are absolutely right. I am going to do all of the above that you mention. Thank you Noorah.
Old Jan 21st 2012, 9:08 am
Forum Regular

411 is an unknown quantity at this point

They went bankrupt, have a little cash and dual intent. None of those are illegal at least nothing to sleep over. You could always refer them to this site for free guidance and info, dont hate, help, you will sleep much better.

Last edited by 411; Jan 21st 2012 at 9:30 am.
Old Jan 21st 2012, 2:02 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Well, I'm a bit late to the party, but I have to agree with the others. Do nothing, and stop all communication with them.

Ian
Old Jan 21st 2012, 6:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Thank you Ian.

Well 411 said don't hate but help LOL. Umm excuse me I am not going to help someone who has intentions to stay illegally.
Old Jan 21st 2012, 8:11 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you Ian.

Well 411 said don't hate but help LOL. Umm excuse me I am not going to help someone who has intentions to stay illegally.
You could always put them in touch with her.
Old Jan 21st 2012, 8:14 pm
Forum Regular

411 is an unknown quantity at this point

ermmm no thanks, im just messing, trying to play a little devils advocate but fighting a loosing battle here!
but consider it, op either looses sleep or encourages them to open a business hire people and create jobs etc

Last edited by 411; Jan 21st 2012 at 8:17 pm.
Old Jan 23rd 2012, 12:41 am
BE Forum Addict

Dear 411.

All they had when they left Europe was 4000 dollars. Not sure if they can open up business with that.
Old Jan 23rd 2012, 12:56 am

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Alright then I agree with everyone, but what if the same folk that gave Milans phone number give out his address then what!!...he might come home one day and they have Jerry Springer on eating cookies infront of the TV.
Old Jan 23rd 2012, 7:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

DavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Poppy girl
Alright then I agree with everyone, but what if the same folk that gave Milans phone number give out his address then what!!...he might come home one day and they have Jerry Springer on eating cookies infront of the TV.
Call the police

Simples
Old Jan 24th 2012, 9:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Poppy girl
You know how to crack me up Poppy sweetheart :-D
Old Jan 24th 2012, 11:02 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

You know how to crack me up Poppy sweetheart :-D
That's why I did it