Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Software for UK tax return

Software for UK tax return

Old Jan 19th 2016, 1:25 pm
Just Joined

priceycheese is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Software for UK tax return

HMRC sent me to this website to pick some software for filing my return online: https://www.gov.uk/software-tax-returns

Choice is wonderful, but how is a newbie to pick from the list?

Soooo, which do you use and how do you like it? Any recommendations?
Old Jan 20th 2016, 10:30 am
BE Enthusiast

OzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Software for UK tax return

Originally Posted by priceycheese
HMRC sent me to this website to pick some software for filing my return online: https://www.gov.uk/software-tax-returns

Choice is wonderful, but how is a newbie to pick from the list?

Soooo, which do you use and how do you like it? Any recommendations?
Self Assessment Software tax returns SA800 Partnership SA900 Trust Payroll P11D & Care Homes

Only one I've ever used so can't compare. I find it fairly easy to use altho as i did our ITRs last weekend I thought that perhaps next year might be time to use an accountant. This is not a reflection on the software but rather tax for non-residents has become rather more complicated in the 10 years since we left the UK.

HTH
Old Jan 21st 2016, 8:36 pm
Forum Regular

moving2nyc is an unknown quantity at this point

I've used taxcalc twice and found it easy both times. Good luck
Old Jan 24th 2016, 3:13 am
Forum Regular

Lucybell33 has a reputation beyond reputeLucybell33 has a reputation beyond reputeLucybell33 has a reputation beyond reputeLucybell33 has a reputation beyond reputeLucybell33 has a reputation beyond reputeLucybell33 has a reputation beyond reputeLucybell33 has a reputation beyond reputeLucybell33 has a reputation beyond reputeLucybell33 has a reputation beyond reputeLucybell33 has a reputation beyond reputeLucybell33 has a reputation beyond repute

Another vote for Taxcalc - very easy to use and file with this software
Old Jan 24th 2016, 4:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

mrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond repute

I know some people on here have used andica
Old Apr 27th 2016, 2:11 pm
North Carolina layabout

Bendex is an unknown quantity at this point

I've just gone to do our taxes and found the same problem - plus it wants to do a verification process but there are online technical issues, and no one on the technical help line - really frustrating

Anyway...couple of recommendations for Taxcalc, but I don't see that on the list - is that the Tax Computer Systems one?
Old May 1st 2016, 7:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bendex
I've just gone to do our taxes and found the same problem - plus it wants to do a verification process but there are online technical issues, and no one on the technical help line - really frustrating

Anyway...couple of recommendations for Taxcalc, but I don't see that on the list - is that the Tax Computer Systems one?
No not same thing, Tax Computer Systems looks like a corporate one.

Taxcalc is well known and regarded in the profession, many accountants would use it too. If you want one from the list you Taxfiler is also well regarded.