Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Well I Fell in the Lake Today :D

Well I Fell in the Lake Today :D

Old May 22nd 2004, 11:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lesley1020 has a reputation beyond reputeLesley1020 has a reputation beyond reputeLesley1020 has a reputation beyond reputeLesley1020 has a reputation beyond reputeLesley1020 has a reputation beyond reputeLesley1020 has a reputation beyond reputeLesley1020 has a reputation beyond reputeLesley1020 has a reputation beyond reputeLesley1020 has a reputation beyond reputeLesley1020 has a reputation beyond reputeLesley1020 has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Well I Fell in the Lake Today :D

What a fun day today! Got up deciding that I would go out and explore - so got to the laundry early, went swimming and the gym instructor lady suggested why don't I take a boat out on the lake (it's man made and about 18 acres) - course me not really being an "outdoor girl" was a bit dubious but thought what the hell. Well it was kind of hard to get in because it was a pedal boat made for two but it is SO pretty down there and I just took my book and personal CD player down and a nice cold drink - floating around thinking ah this is the life 3 hours later (and lots of factor 25) I get back to the dock part and there's no one around so I tie up the boat and as I am climbing back on the boat errrrr... moved. LOL and Lesley ended up in the lake fully clothed

I am sure I must have looked very ladylike trying to clamber back into the damn thing while it was capsizing and my Justin Timberlake CD floated across the lake hehe. I swear I am so glad there was no one around to see what a damn fool I made of myself LOL. But it was sooo much fun, went to the mall later, had dinner and realised that I actually had a great day today and all by myself too! Course I look like a bloody lobster now! I suppose I'm still having conflicting emotions about everything but definitely feel so much more settled, even with the current situation.... still haven't talked to M - so I suppose that's gonna be the way it is until I pick him up at the airport on Tuesday - unless of course I get a call to say that I don't need to. I have a feeling his mum is going to pressure him to get rid of that "British girl" as she refers to me - and get back with the baby's mum. Oh well, onwards and upwards. I heard a song today like 3 times on the radio that just sums up how I feel about the whole thing.... great band I never heard of before - Matchbox 20

I think I've already lost you
I think you're already gone
I think I'm finally scared now
You think I'm weak - but I think you're wrong
I think you're already leaving
Feels like your hand is on the door
I thought this place was an empire
But now I'm relaxed - I can't be sure

I think you're so mean - I think we should try
I think I could need - this in my life
I think I'm scared - I think too much
I know this is wrong it's a problem I'm dealing

If you're gone - maybe it's time to come home
There's an awful lot of breathing room
But I can hardly move
If you're gone - baby you need to come home, come home
Cuz there's a little bit of something me
In everything in you

I bet you're hard to get over
I bet the wound just won't shut
I bet my hands I can stay here
I bet you need - more than you mind

I think I'm just scared - that I know too much
I can't relate and that's a problem I'm feeling

If you're gone - maybe it's time to COME home
But I can hardly move
In everything in you

and I think I'm scared - do I talk too much

But I can hardly move
If you're gone - baby you need to come home
In everything in you
[
Links to part of Matchbox 20 Lyrics
Old May 23rd 2004, 12:23 am
Ben
BE Enthusiast

Ben has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond repute

Glad you had a good day, Lesley. You sound as though you deserve to have a good time.

And yes, I like that song too. Matchbox 20 are easy to listen to
Old May 23rd 2004, 1:14 am
Former Blonde

FlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of light

Good on ya gal! Sounds like you had a cracking day - onwards and upwards eh?!

Hope you've got plenty of aftersun.

Take care

Tam
Old May 23rd 2004, 1:38 am
BE Forum Addict

doctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to behold

I have a feeling his mum is going to pressure him to get rid of that "British girl" as she refers to me - and get back with the baby's mum.

Mothers in law eh ? Can't live with them & you can't kill em. Makes u wonder why those mormons want polygamy, I mean who needs multiple mothers in law telling your wives they could have done better ?

Best of luck, least St. George got to kill the dragon
Old May 23rd 2004, 12:46 pm
Ben
BE Enthusiast

Ben has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond repute

It took many years, but I can finally say I get on really well with my MIL.

Oh, and I have promised my boys I will NOT be the MIL from hell! I wonder if I can really predict the future that well
Old May 25th 2004, 1:45 am
You Are All Diseased

rincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond repute

Lesley, I had the same thing. My mother-in-law has told me twice now that I should go back to England. We don't really get on you see.

She's ill, and believes her daughter should tend to her needs 24/7. I understand that she's sick but calling us at 4:00 in the morning for a pack of cigarettes is a pain in the arse

My father-in-law was convinced I only married my wife for a green card. But after he saw the stress we've been through to apply for me to stay, he understands. But we still have our days. All it takes is for me not to agree with them on one topic (religion or their medieval views on African Americans) and I'm a sponging SOB again

If the in-law doesn't like you. Screw them. You married your husband, not them. You don't have to like them as much as they don't have to like you. Just be polite around them, lay the British accent on thick (I'm proud not to have lost mine) and show them you are better. Don't sink to their level.

I hope it all works out for you. I get lonely in the States sometimes and miss England a heck of lot so I can only imagine what you are going through.

Hang in there, and if all else fails, one of us will put you up until you get on your feet again.
Old May 25th 2004, 2:17 am
Howling at the Moon

lairdside will become famous soon enoughlairdside will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Well I Fell in the Lake Today :D

Originally posted by Lesley1020
What a fun day today! Got up deciding that I would go out and explore - so got to the laundry early, went swimming and the gym instructor lady suggested why don't I take a boat out on the lake (it's man made and about 18 acres) - course me not really being an "outdoor girl" was a bit dubious but thought what the hell. Well it was kind of hard to get in because it was a pedal boat made for two but it is SO pretty down there and I just took my book and personal CD player down and a nice cold drink - floating around thinking ah this is the life 3 hours later (and lots of factor 25) I get back to the dock part and there's no one around so I tie up the boat and as I am climbing back on the boat errrrr... moved. LOL and Lesley ended up in the lake fully clothed

I am sure I must have looked very ladylike trying to clamber back into the damn thing while it was capsizing and my Justin Timberlake CD floated across the lake hehe. I swear I am so glad there was no one around to see what a damn fool I made of myself LOL. But it was sooo much fun, went to the mall later, had dinner and realised that I actually had a great day today and all by myself too! Course I look like a bloody lobster now! I suppose I'm still having conflicting emotions about everything but definitely feel so much more settled, even with the current situation.... still haven't talked to M - so I suppose that's gonna be the way it is until I pick him up at the airport on Tuesday - unless of course I get a call to say that I don't need to. I have a feeling his mum is going to pressure him to get rid of that "British girl" as she refers to me - and get back with the baby's mum. Oh well, onwards and upwards. I heard a song today like 3 times on the radio that just sums up how I feel about the whole thing.... great band I never heard of before - Matchbox 20

I think I've already lost you
I think you're already gone
I think I'm finally scared now
You think I'm weak - but I think you're wrong
I think you're already leaving
Feels like your hand is on the door
I thought this place was an empire
But now I'm relaxed - I can't be sure

I think I'm scared - I think too much

But I can hardly move
In everything in you

I bet you're hard to get over
I bet the wound just won't shut
I bet my hands I can stay here
I bet you need - more than you mind

I think I'm just scared - that I know too much
I can't relate and that's a problem I'm feeling

If you're gone - maybe it's time to COME home
But I can hardly move
In everything in you

and I think I'm scared - do I talk too much

But I can hardly move
If you're gone - baby you need to come home
In everything in you
[
Links to part of Matchbox 20 Lyrics
Sounds wonderful -- I MUST get out on the lake as soon as I have the time, you've inspired me

I'm gonna take a wild guess. I don't suppose M's mum is anything at all like the baby's mother, not physically or even background but similar manipulative habits?

Oh, the lure of the familar. Still as I said, a real shot in the dark.