Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Shipping container from US to UK, any suggestions?

Shipping container from US to UK, any suggestions?

Old Sep 13th 2015, 5:29 pm
Just Joined

nikadett is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Shipping container from US to UK, any suggestions?

I'm moving back to the UK and want to ship all my belongings home from Boston, MA. I lived here in 2012 and shipping everything back including my car in a 20ft container. I think the company I used were called Allworld.

This time I won't be shipping a car and ideally a 10ft container would be perfect. Can anyone recommend any shipping companies?
Old Sep 13th 2015, 8:01 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Shipping container from US to UK, any suggestions?

Do they do 10ft Containers?
Old Sep 13th 2015, 8:36 pm
WJS
Forum Regular

WJS has a reputation beyond reputeWJS has a reputation beyond reputeWJS has a reputation beyond reputeWJS has a reputation beyond reputeWJS has a reputation beyond reputeWJS has a reputation beyond reputeWJS has a reputation beyond reputeWJS has a reputation beyond reputeWJS has a reputation beyond reputeWJS has a reputation beyond reputeWJS has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Shipping container from US to UK, any suggestions?

I think containers only come in 20ft and 40ft sizes. Sorry to but in on your thread Nikadett but out of interest we are shipping our belongings with our car and are told we need a 40ft HQ container which is meant to be taller than normal. Really surprised you were able to use a 20ft.

Can I ask if it was all household furniture along with your car that you shipped?