Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Revalidation of H-1B Visa refused

Revalidation of H-1B Visa refused

Old Mar 9th 2001, 6:22 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice.

We recently applied for revalidation of our H-1B and H4 visas. Today we received the passports back with a refusal notice which said; "You did not send the passport containing a visa bearing the same classification as that being sought".

Now that really confused us. We have H-1B and H-4 visas in our passports, valid I-797s that state the same and we're applying for revalidation of the same classification. After spending over 3 hours on the phone we still have not managed to speak to someone with regard to what we do next. To complicate matters even further we were stupid and left it really late to get this done, as our visa's had nearly passed the one year expiration cut off for revalidation in the US.

Of course we now have the time limit against us, only 7 more days and our visas will have been expired for over 1 year and we will have to leave the country to get them revalidated. My concern is that we might have the same problem. Does anyone have any thoughts or advice on our next step.

Regards
Sue