Reload this Page >

Insurance companies

Insurance companies

Old Nov 9th 2011, 1:42 pm
Just Joined

Modiemay is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Insurance companies

Hi,

We are about to move into our first US home and need to arrange contents and renters insurance. Can anyone provide me some names of good companies?

Hope to hear from you soon,
Mel
Old Nov 9th 2011, 2:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

cranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Insurance companies

I did mine through the Geico website. The underwriter is a 3rd party but the price was good and it got me a discount on my car insurance.
Old Nov 9th 2011, 5:04 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

They're all much of muchness when you go for the big ones....some might not cover certain states, but probably won't have that issue and most offer grouping discounts if you get car and house insurance together etc.

Anyway, if you're renting, renters insurance is content cover...landlord covers damage to property.
Old Nov 10th 2011, 1:33 am

penguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Everything is local here.

There are national insurance companies, but they have local agents who are the people you deal with day to day. Some national companies cannot sell in certain areas, or even certain states because they do not meet the requirements set out in those states. In some cities you may have an agent who represents the national carrier who you just can't stand for some reason.

When you get in place and settled, talk to a couple of different insurance companies about not only renters insurance, but also automobile and life insurance as well. You may find that some agents will put together a package of coverage that might cheaper than buying individually from several different carriers.

Some big names include:

Allstate
Geico
State Farm
Nationwide
Progressive
Travellers
Hartford

Some will offer everything, some just do one or the other, but these are some names to look for when you arrive.