Relocation to a new job , U.K. To NJ

Relocation to a new job , U.K. To NJ

Old Oct 1st 2017, 11:32 am
Just Joined

Telic is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Relocation to a new job , U.K. To NJ

Originally Posted by yellowroom
off the top of my head:
  • repatriation costs in the event that the company terminates you (NJ is an "at-will" state, which means the company can fire you for any reason at any time). If you lose your job while on a visa dependent on your employment, you will have to leave the country, and doing so at short notice could be even more expensive than planned repatriation.
  • A written agreement to apply for permanent residency for you and your family (note, this is dependent on the type of visa the company is applying for - some offer a route to green cards, some don't)
  • I got an extra 5 days annual leave and a paid flight back home each year ("keep in touch" days and travel).
Hey all, apologies a few days not online but the info you have all added is really helpful, I've fired over the questions above as they are really relevant to our thoughts, so thank you.

I'm going to start up a new thread with the info I now have thus far as this one has really moved on and I don;t want to bore everyone to death on this one.

THanks again
Old Oct 1st 2017, 11:35 am
Just Joined

Telic is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Relocation to a new job , U.K. To NJ

Hi, your note made me chuckle, a lot of similarity in your mindset to us.
I'm starting up this thread again now I have a lot more info from the group to get back onto the specifics.
really appreciate your and everyone else's help!