Reform!!!

Old May 17th 2017, 12:28 pm
Just Joined

team6 has a reputation beyond reputeteam6 has a reputation beyond reputeteam6 has a reputation beyond reputeteam6 has a reputation beyond reputeteam6 has a reputation beyond reputeteam6 has a reputation beyond reputeteam6 has a reputation beyond reputeteam6 has a reputation beyond reputeteam6 has a reputation beyond reputeteam6 has a reputation beyond reputeteam6 has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Reform!!!

Hey everyone

I have been trying to keep upto date with what trump is planning regards to immigration reform...I can only find bits and pieces mentioning legal immigration...I have seen the merit bases immigration he's talking about not sure how he's planning on rolling that out...is it in addition to family immigration?? Or so he can get rid of f1-f4? I may be wrong and I know he took some drastic measures with some countries but that has been lifted now..right?? But I always think they say they will do this and that then...nothing..I have about 31/2 yrs left and worry he will mess it up...my eldest will be approaching 16 where she could legally say she wasn't coming...which I doubt she would she can't wait...but you know teenagers lol

TIA
Leanne
Old May 17th 2017, 12:32 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Reform!!!

As far as I can tell it's all rumours and speculation at the moment.

My personal tip is that sponsorship of parents will go away, thereby indirectly voiding the "anchor baby" problem. I wouldn't be surprised if sibling sponsorship was abolished too.
Old May 17th 2017, 12:53 pm
Just Joined

team6 has a reputation beyond reputeteam6 has a reputation beyond reputeteam6 has a reputation beyond reputeteam6 has a reputation beyond reputeteam6 has a reputation beyond reputeteam6 has a reputation beyond reputeteam6 has a reputation beyond reputeteam6 has a reputation beyond reputeteam6 has a reputation beyond reputeteam6 has a reputation beyond reputeteam6 has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah I think the f4 category will go..what about all the people that have applied and been authorised do you think they will be ok?? I feel this whole immigration reform has been going on forever...I remember when i really thought Obama might make changes in these categories and nothing changed for legal..i think the waiting times are crazy but at least the USA have a cap on immigration the uk seems to just let people in very easily...i may be wrong but I have found a huge increase here ...feel like everything is struggling ...thanks for reply
Leanne
Old May 17th 2017, 1:43 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by team6
Yeah I think the f4 category will go..what about all the people that have applied and been authorised do you think they will be ok?? ....
When President Obama appeared to be moving towards pushing for immigrants reform legislation the consistent reports were that all "non current" applications in categories that would be eliminated, would he voided and fees returned.
Old May 17th 2017, 2:18 pm
Just Joined

😳 that would be tough to swallow...what's your thoughts on f3 category? That's what I am in
Old May 17th 2017, 6:36 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

� ���� that would be tough to swallow...what's your thoughts on f3 category? That's what I am in
The F3 category likely won't change... because that would adversely affect a lot of registered voters - and their children will one day also be registered voters!

Ian
Old May 17th 2017, 6:56 pm

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
The F3 category likely won't change... because that would adversely affect a lot of registered voters - and their children will one day also be registered voters! .....
Rightly or wrongly there is a perception that as a group they are likely, on average, to be Democrat-leaning, which might tip a decision by the current congress and administration.

So to answer the earlier question, personally I think the F3 priority is in danger.

Last edited by Pulaski; May 17th 2017 at 8:17 pm.
Old May 17th 2017, 7:49 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
Rightly or wrongly there is a perception that as a group they are likely, on average, to be Democrat-leaning, which might tip a decision by the current congress and administration.

So to answer the earlier question, personally I think F3 is in danger.
Based on that logic, immigration as a whole is in danger!
Old May 17th 2017, 8:16 pm

Originally Posted by civilservant
Based on that logic, immigration as a whole is in danger! ....
In some sense it probability is - it has been widely reported that H-1B's are at the top of the list to be part of immigration reform.
Old May 17th 2017, 11:04 pm
Banned

Twinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond repute

i think the waiting times are crazy but at least the USA have a cap on immigration the uk seems to just let people in very easily...i may be wrong but I have found a huge increase here ...feel like everything is struggling ...thanks for reply
Leanne
Unfortunately your perception that the U.K. "lets in people very easily" is wrong. My story is just one case that proves that this simply isn't true. My husband has a criminal record from over 20 years ago (long before we met) and this has given him a lifetime ban from the U.K. - despite being married to a British citizen and having been law-abiding ever since. If the roles were reversed and I had a theft conviction from over 20 years ago, I would at least have a chance at living in the USA with a waiver. No such thing in the U.K. Many Americans here also feel that the USA "lets in people very easily" - hence the popularity of Mr Trump with certain groups of people. It's not until you actually try to immigrate or try to bring someone into a country do you realize just how hard it is to come legally. People I work with here were shocked that it took my husband almost a year to bring his wife into the country from the U.K. and that I had to have s medical, etc. They were also under the impression that anyone can just "stroll in". And I think the USA is a lot more open than the U.K. Take the F-4 category, for example, siblings of USCs can obtain permanent residency here (and subsequently citizenship) all based on the fact that a sibling happens to be a USC. I don't know of any other country that has such an open door.
My husband and I worked out that when I take citizenship in 2019, we could theoretically petition another 20 people: my parents, my 4 siblings, their spouses and their (between them) 10 children, assuming that finances and timing are on our side. So from one person getting married to an American citizen 21 people can theoretically obtain residency. You only need to look at threads on immigration forums to see that many from developing countries do indeed petition for a host of family members before the ink is even dry on their citizenship certificate. That's not possible in the U.K.
Old May 17th 2017, 11:27 pm
Forum Regular

giri26 has a reputation beyond reputegiri26 has a reputation beyond reputegiri26 has a reputation beyond reputegiri26 has a reputation beyond reputegiri26 has a reputation beyond reputegiri26 has a reputation beyond reputegiri26 has a reputation beyond reputegiri26 has a reputation beyond reputegiri26 has a reputation beyond reputegiri26 has a reputation beyond reputegiri26 has a reputation beyond repute

In US there is always lots of talks but nothing happens. I lived there for 14 years and left because nothing was changing. I did my masters there and worked for 12 years. Obama spoke about favouring graduates from US Universities, that never took off. So unless something actually happens, it will be just speculation.
Old May 17th 2017, 11:56 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Twinkle0927
So from one person getting married to an American citizen 21 people can theoretically obtain residency.
Yup - and it will only take about 20-25 years for all of you to be together in one country!

Ian
Old May 18th 2017, 12:25 am
BE Forum Addict

tom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond repute

Unfortunately your perception that the U.K. "lets in people very easily" is wrong.
I'd say it's very easy to come to the UK as a citizen of an EU country... for now.
Old May 18th 2017, 1:45 am

Unfortunately your perception that the U.K. "lets in people very easily" is wrong. My story is just one case that proves that this simply isn't true. My husband has a criminal record from over 20 years ago (long before we met) and this has given him a lifetime ban from the U.K. - despite being married to a British citizen and having been law-abiding ever since. ....
I am sorry but you can't disprove something that is generally true by citing one outlying example. Nor can you blame a country for excluding people with a criminal record. My wife got a visa to live in the UK. It was very easy, and at the time only took one day.
.... It's not until you actually try to immigrate or try to bring someone into a country do you realize just how hard it is to come legally. People I work with here were shocked that it took my husband almost a year to bring his wife into the country from the U.K. and that I had to have s medical, etc. They were also under the impression that anyone can just "stroll in". ....
I somewhat agree with that, and have on occasion explained to USC's that the Mexicans in the US illegally don't have a visa to apply for, there is no way for them to have ever got a visa to live and work here.
.... And I think the USA is a lot more open than the U.K. Take the F-4 category, for example, siblings of USCs can obtain permanent residency here (and subsequently citizenship) all based on the fact that a sibling happens to be a USC. I don't know of any other country that has such an open door. .....
Except, as Tom pointed out, as a member of the European Onion, there are 680 million people who have a more or less unrestricted right to come and live in the UK. That is more than the entire population of Latin America, everyone from Tijuana to Terra del Fuego, including the islands of the Caribbean!

Last edited by Pulaski; May 18th 2017 at 1:49 am.
Old May 18th 2017, 3:59 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
I am sorry but you can't disprove something that is generally true by citing one outlying example. Nor can you blame a country for excluding people with a criminal record. My wife got a visa to live in the UK. It was very easy, and at the time only took one day.I somewhat agree with that, and have on occasion explained to USC's that the Mexicans in the US illegally don't have a visa to apply for, there is no way for them to have ever got a visa to live and work here.
Except, as Tom pointed out, as a member of the European Onion, there are 680 million people who have a more or less unrestricted right to come and live in the UK. That is more than the entire population of Latin America, everyone from Tijuana to Terra del Fuego, including the islands of the Caribbean!
However for other nationals wanting to migrate to the UK and requiring a visa it isn't easy at all. It's not even easy or cheap for a Spouse of a UKC to move there.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.