Go Back   British Expats / Living & Moving Abroad / USA

Old Oct 3rd 2017, 5:26 pm   #16
I don't (often) bite

hmvsdog has a reputation beyond reputehmvsdog has a reputation beyond reputehmvsdog has a reputation beyond reputehmvsdog has a reputation beyond reputehmvsdog has a reputation beyond reputehmvsdog has a reputation beyond reputehmvsdog has a reputation beyond reputehmvsdog has a reputation beyond reputehmvsdog has a reputation beyond reputehmvsdog has a reputation beyond reputehmvsdog has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Recommendations for places to visit/stay NJ coast

Cape May is a solid choice, that would have been my recommendation too had I seen this thread earlier! On the way home, stop by Ocean City, NJ too for a mooch around.

I tend to give Atlantic City a wide berth. The wife got red flags when she saw perspex boxes instead of hooks on the back of the toilet doors, so your bags don't get snatched from over the top of the door! Good airshow (Thunder on the Boardwalk) annually though.
hmvsdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3rd 2017, 11:40 pm   #17
Premium Member

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute
Cool Re: Recommendations for places to visit/stay NJ coast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandy07 View Post
Thank you - we’ve decided to go to Cape May (it’s only 2 hour drive for us). We’ve booked into the Montreal Beach Hotel. Will look into the whale/dolphin cruise - my 2 would love that!
Great - I hope you enjoy your trip! Our suite had a fridge freezer and a microwave. It was on the top floor (only 3 or 4 levels) and had a great view of the beach

Obviously at this time of year the open-air pool is closed, as is the Tiki-bar and the restaurant was closed too....not a problem as there are plenty of places to eat within an easy walking distance.

They do offer a continental breakfast but it was very basic, just bagels/toast, yoghurt, coffee and juice etc,
Englishmum is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   British Expats / Living & Moving Abroad / USA