Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Recommendations for Pet Travel

Recommendations for Pet Travel

Old Jun 18th 2015, 8:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

audio has a reputation beyond reputeaudio has a reputation beyond reputeaudio has a reputation beyond reputeaudio has a reputation beyond reputeaudio has a reputation beyond reputeaudio has a reputation beyond reputeaudio has a reputation beyond reputeaudio has a reputation beyond reputeaudio has a reputation beyond reputeaudio has a reputation beyond reputeaudio has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Recommendations for Pet Travel

Soon after reaching the initial cruise altitude, say 40 minutes after take-off, ask a flight attendant to check with the flight deck about the temperature in the hold. Just subtle hint in case they need reminding that animals are on board. This could have been overlooked.
Old Jun 18th 2015, 10:23 pm
Forum Regular

alternageek will become famous soon enoughalternageek will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by audio
Soon after reaching the initial cruise altitude, say 40 minutes after take-off, ask a flight attendant to check with the flight deck about the temperature in the hold. Just subtle hint in case they need reminding that animals are on board. This could have been overlooked.
ooh thank you for that tip!!!!

I need to chase up petair as theyve not emailed me back
Old Jun 19th 2015, 12:18 pm
Forum Regular

Fatboyslick is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there

Im currently in the middle of organising my two chinchillas to be shipped from Manchester to LA and been doing a lot of research myself. My requirements are quite exact and I have found PBS Pet Travel to be hugely accomodating, understanding and experienced so far. They've come in cheaper than the others too.

So far then

Passport for Pets....quote didnt include everything i'd spelled out for them

SkyMaster never got back to me

Pet Air UK were very good and responsive but most expensive

Jet4Pets never got back to me

Star Wood Animal Transport had good experience but havent got back to me!

Cat's are quite straightforward compared to my requirements and it depends if you'll do the vet checks the day before and take them to the airport yourself? For me I need the company to do it all
Old Jun 19th 2015, 4:53 pm
Forum Regular

alternageek will become famous soon enoughalternageek will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Fatboyslick
Hi there

Im currently in the middle of organising my two chinchillas to be shipped from Manchester to LA and been doing a lot of research myself. My requirements are quite exact and I have found PBS Pet Travel to be hugely accomodating, understanding and experienced so far. They've come in cheaper than the others too.

So far then

Passport for Pets....quote didnt include everything i'd spelled out for them

SkyMaster never got back to me

Pet Air UK were very good and responsive but most expensive

Jet4Pets never got back to me

Star Wood Animal Transport had good experience but havent got back to me!

Cat's are quite straightforward compared to my requirements and it depends if you'll do the vet checks the day before and take them to the airport yourself? For me I need the company to do it all
I rang Jets4Pets and were helpful over the phone... Theyve quoted me £800 for travel and about £100 for them to pick her up and drop off.
I forgot to call PetAir today, so need to do that on Monday now.

I want to try to do as much as I can to keep costs down as my cat really doesnt like to be fussed with, so trying to keep her stress of the whole thing to a minimum as well. Looking up online it says a lot can be done by myself ten days before we travel, so that is ideal to me.
Old Jun 22nd 2015, 11:02 am
Forum Regular

PetAir have finally gotten back to me - £1200 for silver service, but from London which just isnt an option for me.

Have contacted SkyMaster and StarWood, so fingers crossed.
Old Jun 29th 2015, 5:50 pm
Forum Regular

Update:

I'm going to go with PetAir UK as theyve quoted me £1300 for their gold service and this gives me:

Airline ticket from London to Orlando MCO, USA (subject to availability) with BA
Airline surcharges (Handling / Security / War Insurance / Fuel / Airway Bill / Transit Fees)
+/- Custom made PetAir UK IATA approved wooden travel container with bedding and watering facility (see below)
Export customs entry
Airport visit on day of departure for check in assistance
Pre-travel veterinary health examination
Fitness to fly certificate (Vet completed document)
Acclimatisation Declaration (Vet completed document)
Collection from your home (S postcode) and transport to the airport (includes one night boarding)
Check in

Dont think thats a bad price for what youre getting. (Also my ex is paying so money isnt the issue here)