Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Real estate agents in Sunnyvale, CA?

Real estate agents in Sunnyvale, CA?

Old Sep 1st 2007, 2:31 pm
Forum Regular

jamm13dodger is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Real estate agents in Sunnyvale, CA?

I'm looking for a US equivalent of rightmove.co.uk for CA so that I can look for a house in Sunnyvale. Lots of hits for real estate in California but isn't there one site I can view lots of different agents properties on?

Cheers, Rob.
Old Sep 1st 2007, 3:19 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Real estate agents in Sunnyvale, CA?

Originally Posted by jamm13dodger
I'm looking for a US equivalent of rightmove.co.uk for CA so that I can look for a house in Sunnyvale. Lots of hits for real estate in California but isn't there one site I can view lots of different agents properties on?

Cheers, Rob.
try coldwellbanker.com
or century21.com
Old Sep 1st 2007, 4:17 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks, guess the lack of success is just because nothing suitable is in Sunnyvale. Guess I need to know what the good residential areas are. Anyone have any ideas?

Cheers, Rob.
Old Sep 1st 2007, 5:49 pm
Up Yir Kilt

scotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of light

There are so many agents available, Sunnyvale is nice - have you looked at Mountain View? Great shopping and dining in downtown.
Old Sep 1st 2007, 6:44 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

www.realtor.com
Old Sep 1st 2007, 8:52 pm
Boomshacalaca!!

Tarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond repute

www.remax.com
Old Sep 2nd 2007, 12:30 am
Banned

Location: Orlando,Florida,living in Buckinghamshire for next 6 weeks.
YankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond repute

best search engine for realestate in california is www dot californiamoves dot com.Has multiple realestate companies listings.
Old Sep 2nd 2007, 4:01 am

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice

Thanks, guess the lack of success is just because nothing suitable is in Sunnyvale. Guess I need to know what the good residential areas are. Anyone have any ideas?

Cheers, Rob.
I was in Sunnyvale for several months earlier this year. This was my impression. Bring money, properties are very expensive. A very basic three bedroom tract house will set you back nearly US$800,000 or maybe more. My brother and his wife own a property between El Camino Real and Remington that they bought eight years ago for US$425,000 and if you were to purchase today a similar house to his you'd need to pony up around US$1,600,000. I reckon my brother has done well. If you have primary school kids the perceived 'better' schools are Cumberland and Cherry Chase. I would hazard to guess that the closer you get to the bay you will generally find lower priced property (do know that nothing is cheap) and the closer to Cupertino you get the more expensive.
There are many good places to eat in Sunnyvale and Castro Street in nearby Mountain View has heaps of interesting places to dine.
Old Sep 2nd 2007, 5:11 pm
Forum Regular

Looks like San Jose may be the way to go. For $500,000 we can fiond some nice looking properties. Any opinions on what San Jose is liike to live in.

and yes I do "know the way to San Jose"

Cheers, Rob.
Old Sep 4th 2007, 1:12 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute

Looks like San Jose may be the way to go. For $500,000 we can fiond some nice looking properties. Any opinions on what San Jose is liike to live in.

and yes I do "know the way to San Jose"

Cheers, Rob.
$500k in San Jose typically gets you a dubious house in a dubious neighbourhood.
Old Sep 4th 2007, 7:25 am
Forum Regular

tonyghiggins is a glorious beacon of lighttonyghiggins is a glorious beacon of lighttonyghiggins is a glorious beacon of lighttonyghiggins is a glorious beacon of lighttonyghiggins is a glorious beacon of lighttonyghiggins is a glorious beacon of lighttonyghiggins is a glorious beacon of lighttonyghiggins is a glorious beacon of lighttonyghiggins is a glorious beacon of lighttonyghiggins is a glorious beacon of lighttonyghiggins is a glorious beacon of light

I lived in Sunnyvale for 8ish years (rented apartment), I just bought a place in Santa Clara a few months back.
I can recommend a great realtor, pm me if you need the info.

Mountain view is more expensive than Sunnyvale, Cupertino will be the most expensive due to the best schools, Santa Clara is a good middle ground, you can pick up a nice 3/2 13-1400 square feet from 700k.

Zillow.com is ok kinda still in beta though.
Old Sep 4th 2007, 3:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Philgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers, Rob.
This site gives you access to the MLS listings : http://www.mlslistings.com/

Sunnyvale and Mountain View prices will vary considerably depending on which school district you are in. The parts of San Jose where houses are $500K are probably not good areas - if you want slightly lower prices in reasonable neighbourhoods look in in the East Bay area. If you need good schools look in Pleasanton. If you don't have kids you can often find more reasonably priced, nice houses in the worst school parts of Mountain View - just take into acount they will be harder to sell when you want to move on.
Old Sep 5th 2007, 5:51 pm
MRY
Just Joined

MRY is an unknown quantity at this point

Cheers, Rob.
Hi
ziprealty.com (a little further north) -the housing market is wierd at the moment & watch out- agents commissions are high, paid by seller BUT builtin to price. Nieghbourhoods are really important its a good idea to start at the top and work your way down to affordability (almost nonexistant)
Good Luck