Price of gas update...

You're on Page 268 of 268
Go to
  • Re: Price of gas update...
    Quote: Yes, but people seem to use it for boats and other toys.
    Proper boats use diesel.
    I think people want to use the leaded gas because it is kinder to the engine and maybe more reliable???
    Quote: I think people want to use the leaded gas because it is kinder to the engine and maybe more reliable???
    Maybe, if you have an engine from the 1970's or earlier that doesn't have valves and valve seats tempered to the standards of todays seats. Otherwise it's mostly a bunch of luddites who are busily dipping into their pockets, as we speak, to help fund MC B.o.B's efforts to prove that the world is flat, really flat!
    Quote: I think people want to use the leaded gas because it is kinder to the engine and maybe more reliable???
    What Zzrmark said, plus lead is more likely to damage a modern engine than help it.
    Bulk place a town over has come down to $2.53G....cheapest in town, is the Cumbies with their discount card, across town at $2.61G which it has been at for quite a while.
    $2.28 yesterday down the hill, $2.89 up here.
    Quote: Proper boats use diesel. ....
    And proper mariners call it bunker fuel.
    The cheap Cumbies across town, had gone down to $2.53G a few days ago, with their discount card. It went back up to $2.60G this morning.

Seem's a bit of a random jump.
    $2.49 widely available now, after dropping this week.
    Going rate on the Front Range seems about $2.40, saw one just south of Boulder yesterday that was $2.99 which is more than where I am, and people were buying?
    Quote: And proper mariners call it bunker fuel.
    Good thing I'm not a proper Mariner then!
    20+ years fixing/restoring the bloody things, there isn't a cat in hell's chance I'd want to spend much time floating in them as well!

Bit more of a drop today, $1.429 can be found at several of the regulars.
    Quote: ..... Bit more of a drop today, $1.429 can be found at several of the regulars.
    If you can get gas in your neck of the woods for $1.429, I may be down with all the jerry cans I can find!
    Quote: If you can get gas in your neck of the woods for $1.429, I may be down with all the jerry cans I can find!
    Screw the Jerry cans... Soda bottles!
    Quote: If you can get gas in your neck of the woods for $1.429, I may be down with all the jerry cans I can find!
    Yeah, best make that $2.429