Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Price of gas update...

Price of gas update...

Old Sep 8th 2014, 2:27 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Price of gas update...

Originally Posted by AmerLisa

When did you get back, SOS? Welcome back, btw! Nothing's changed...
Saturday afternoon. Not much has changed, except petrol is about 10c cheaper that it was when I left

Originally Posted by Nutek
Welcome back.
Cheers.

Glad to be back.
Old Sep 8th 2014, 6:52 pm
Forum Regular

jtb87 is an unknown quantity at this point

Filled up at Shell on Shiloh/14th, Plano TX on Friday - $3.19 there at the moment. A lot of other places around here are higher.
Old Sep 23rd 2014, 2:21 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

The BP station I have favoured for the past few months bumped it's price up by 7¢ a couple of weeks ago, but prices have slipped again by 4¢ back to $3.219 ..... Which matches the nearby Citgo and Shell, and the Hess a couple of miles down the road.

Meanwhile another BP gas station about 60 miles away that I use when it is price competitive has dropped it's price to $3.239 from the $3.259 that they have been holding steady at for more than a month.

Meanwhile, part way between the two, I stumbled on another BP that is selling gas for $3.129, ..... so that is my new favourite station, for now at least. I am such a gas tart!

In all cases BP matches, or is within 1-2¢ of, the cheapest available gas, including BJ's gas station, which is only sporadically competitive.
Old Sep 25th 2014, 7:48 pm

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

Gas just dropped 15 cents a gallon today. Now at $3.359 locally.
Old Sep 25th 2014, 8:15 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

I was reading today that the price of oil is on the slide, probably coming down another $10/ barrel from the current $93 ish.

Libyan oil is starting to flow again, the shale oil business is booming in the US and US imports are down about 40% since 2008. And, most intriguingly, after more than thirty years of almost continuous armed conflict in the middle east (Iraq-Iran, Israel in Lebanon, Iraqi invasion of Kuwait, Gulf I, Saddam's domestic actions, Yemen united and subsequent chaos, Gulf II, Israel in Lebanon again, the US-UK occupation of Iraq, and the subsequent domestic chaos in Iraq, and now almost three years of the Arab Spring) history has proved that the conflicts have never significantly impacted the flow of oil, and that people are starting to notice that there is no need to price in a "risk premium" for the possibility of oil flow being interrupted in the Middle East.

Against this back ground, oil is priced in USD, and the rest of the world is facing rising price of oil is rising in local currency terms, so Europe is risking slipping back into recession because of the cost of energy, and the same effect is exerting pressure on the Chinese economy.

Last edited by Pulaski; Sep 25th 2014 at 8:19 pm.
Old Sep 25th 2014, 9:11 pm
The worse half of Weeze

Mr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
I was reading today that the price of oil is on the slide, probably coming down another $10/ barrel from the current $93 ish.

Libyan oil is starting to flow again, the shale oil business is booming in the US and US imports are down about 40% since 2008. And, most intriguingly, after more than thirty years of almost continuous armed conflict in the middle east (Iraq-Iran, Israel in Lebanon, Iraqi invasion of Kuwait, Gulf I, Saddam's domestic actions, Yemen united and subsequent chaos, Gulf II, Israel in Lebanon again, the US-UK occupation of Iraq, and the subsequent domestic chaos in Iraq, and now almost three years of the Arab Spring) history has proved that the conflicts have never significantly impacted the flow of oil, and that people are starting to notice that there is no need to price in a "risk premium" for the possibility of oil flow being interrupted in the Middle East.

Against this back ground, oil is priced in USD, and the rest of the world is facing rising price of oil is rising in local currency terms, so Europe is risking slipping back into recession because of the cost of energy, and the same effect is exerting pressure on the Chinese economy.
Despite all that OPEC will ensure the price does not drop too low. They control 30 mmbbls of today's production. It's a stated aim of theirs.

While I am clearly biased, the consumer would benefit from oil exports being allowed from the USA again. Gasoline is priced off Brent, and the differential between Brent and WTI will collapse. WTI will go up (hence why I am biased) while Brent will drop. Domestic investment will grow further. Sell refiner stock...
Old Sep 28th 2014, 12:39 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

$3.17G at one of the Cumbies with their Cumbies card a few towns over.

Cheapest in my town is $3.27G though most places are between $3.37-3.45G
Old Oct 10th 2014, 5:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond repute

Brent is at $90 and WTI is at $85 so regular in the bay area is as low as $3.33. I suspect there are areas where the price is below $3.00 per gallon.

Apparently Saudi Arabia is over producing by 2 million barrels per day and another 900,000 barrels per day is expected to be produced this year from fracking in the US. With fracking in the US producing 12%-14% more oil per year, I doubt there will be enough pipeline capabilities to get all the oil to the gulf coast even if the Keystone IV pipeline is approved since the lower Keystone pipeline (already in operation) can only carry a maximum of 900,000 barrels per day so possibly the Keystone XL pipeline (if approved) will just flood the Midwest with even more oil.
Old Oct 10th 2014, 6:06 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Flood?
Old Oct 10th 2014, 6:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler
Flood?
Bottlenecked.
Old Oct 10th 2014, 7:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Philk has a reputation beyond reputePhilk has a reputation beyond reputePhilk has a reputation beyond reputePhilk has a reputation beyond reputePhilk has a reputation beyond reputePhilk has a reputation beyond reputePhilk has a reputation beyond reputePhilk has a reputation beyond reputePhilk has a reputation beyond reputePhilk has a reputation beyond reputePhilk has a reputation beyond repute

In Michigan it was $2.99 and 9/10ths on Tuesday and $2.97 this morning
Old Oct 10th 2014, 8:49 pm

Originally Posted by Michael
Bottlenecked.
It's gonna have to be a pretty big bottle!
Old Oct 10th 2014, 8:51 pm

Originally Posted by Philk
In Michigan it was $2.99 and 9/10ths on Tuesday and $2.97 this morning
The BP I have been citing for the past few months is down to 309.9, and the BP I found a couple of weeks ago is down to 303.9
Old Oct 10th 2014, 9:00 pm

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

Down to $3.159 at my local gas stn.
Old Oct 10th 2014, 11:06 pm
The worse half of Weeze

Mr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond repute

Venezuela are calling for an extraordinary meeting of OPEC to get oil back to $100. The IMF forecasts that Iran needs $140+ for a balanced budget, with several other countries needing $100+. There's a WSJ article on it, if you have a subscription. Big game of chicken going on in OPEC right now...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.