Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

payroll deductions in the US

payroll deductions in the US

Old Jan 19th 2017, 8:22 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: payroll deductions in the US

Originally Posted by md95065
I'd rather end up owing the IRS as much as possible without penalties and make them wait until April for the money ...
Me too. The IRS gets more than enough of my money as it is, getting an interest free loan on top from me would just be rubbing salt in the wound!
Old Jan 19th 2017, 8:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: payroll deductions in the US

Originally Posted by Pulaski
The media dubbed the ACA "Obamacare", thinking that they were helping cement President Obama's place in history, but using that name for ACA insurance is nothing more than political BS!
Hardly, given the term was used even before Obama was elected and Romney used it in a derisory fashion back then:

"Let me tell ya, if we don't do it, the Democrats will," warns Republican Mitt Romney. "And if the Democrats do it, it'll be socialized medicine. It will be government-managed care. It'll be what's known as Hillary-care or Barack Obama-care or whatever you want to call it."

Who Coined 'Obamacare'? - The Atlantic

The irony, of course, being that what ended up as "Obamacare" was modeled on "Romneycare" in Massachusetts.

"The sleek, slang word used by some to describe the health reform law signed by President Barack Obama has taken on a roller-coaster trajectory of its own, first coming into favor with Republicans as a criticism of the law, and more recently, as the subject of Democratic efforts to reclaim it."

http://www.cnn.com/2012/06/25/politi...e-word-debate/

Last edited by Giantaxe; Jan 19th 2017 at 8:58 pm.