Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Passports Needed At Land Border Crossings in the US

Passports Needed At Land Border Crossings in the US

Old Jun 1st 2009, 8:26 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Passports Needed At Land Border Crossings in the US

June 1 started the new regulation that Canadians and Mexicos as well as citizenships of other countries must use their passports when entering the US via land crossings.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/TRAVEL/06/01...les/index.html
Old Jun 1st 2009, 8:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Passports Needed At Land Border Crossings in the US

you're late:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=612210
Old Jun 2nd 2009, 4:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

shorrock is on a distinguished road

I was watching the local Seattle news last night and they had a few people being interviewed about the new rules.

The number of people who said it was against their rights to have to show ID at the boarder was amazzing. Some of them even said they would stop visiting Canada because of this change. Didn't think there were any rednecks in Seattle/Washington but this goes to show there are.
Old Jun 2nd 2009, 4:07 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

They're not rednecks. They're just stupid.
Old Jun 2nd 2009, 6:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

notacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shorrock
I was watching the local Seattle news last night and they had a few people being interviewed about the new rules.

The number of people who said it was against their rights to have to show ID at the boarder was amazzing. Some of them even said they would stop visiting Canada because of this change. Didn't think there were any rednecks in Seattle/Washington but this goes to show there are.
It's amazing, huh? I don't think the USCIS would be such a flustercluck if all americans had to deal with them frequently.

I saw this today, a guy who was applying for a passport had to provide extra documentation because the midwife that signed his birth certificate has a conviction for fraud:

http://www.sacbee.com/topstories/story/1907010.html

cry me a freakin' river. It's hardly an onerous request.
Old Jun 2nd 2009, 7:01 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by notacrime
It's amazing, huh? I don't think the USCIS would be such a flustercluck if all americans had to deal with them frequently.

I saw this today, a guy who was applying for a passport had to provide extra documentation because the midwife that signed his birth certificate has a conviction for fraud:

http://www.sacbee.com/topstories/story/1907010.html

cry me a freakin' river. It's hardly an onerous request.
Well of course, the border is CBP and the passports are DOS so USCIS wouldn't be on the hook...

This business with the midwives actually is a big deal. The numbers of people caught up in it is significant and you can only try and imagine the headaches (the midwife from his birth is getting on in years.. one mentioned in the story had already pleaded guilty to forging documents).
If you google 'anchor baby' it will explain more about what the law used to be and why this is a problem.

The other side of the coin is me getting my Canadian citz recognized while Canada has been trying to remedy the same sorts of problems.