Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Passport and SSN

Passport and SSN

Old Sep 28th 2017, 12:41 pm
Forum Regular

Corrine82 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Passport and SSN

hello I have an appointment on Monday at the London Embassy to renew my US passport I am now 35 and my last passport was issued in 1994 - 1999 child passport I was born in UK and get my citizenship from my father who is USC I haven't renewed it as had to go for interview and being young not something you think about thinking I will be staying in the UK with my mum rest of my life.
I have finally gave myself a kick and having lost all my UK family I want to be with my US family
Can I ask any advice of anyone that has gone for passport when its been over 15 years or under age 16 I have my last 2 passports lost the last , I have my marriage certificate shows name change and I have pictures to show how my face has changed since last passports ?
Can I also ask I was never given a SSN will I have one or how do I get one ?
How do I then go about filing tax returns ?
Old Sep 28th 2017, 8:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Maryland (via Belfast, Manchester, Toronto and London)
MarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Passport and SSN

Originally Posted by Corrine82
Can I ask any advice of anyone that has gone for passport when its been over 15 years or under age 16 I have my last 2 passports lost the last , I have my marriage certificate shows name change and I have pictures to show how my face has changed since last passports ?

It will be treated like a new application, not a renewal. Take the old passports with you though.

https://www.ssa.gov/foreign/

https://www.ssa.gov/forms/ss-5fs.pdf

https://americansoverseas.org/en/kno...ned-procedure/

Last edited by MarylandNed; Sep 28th 2017 at 8:48 pm.