Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Passport Delays

Passport Delays

Old Jun 24th 2011, 4:31 pm
Just Joined

gbr2usa is just really nicegbr2usa is just really nicegbr2usa is just really nicegbr2usa is just really nicegbr2usa is just really nicegbr2usa is just really nicegbr2usa is just really nicegbr2usa is just really nicegbr2usa is just really nicegbr2usa is just really nicegbr2usa is just really nice
Default Re: Passport Delays

Originally Posted by candy wy.
so you procrastinate on everything........
Sure looks like it does'nt it......LOL.......but really no, it was out of frustration that I found this forum, just looking to see if anyone else was having the same problems, thought it was me, I was convinced they had lost my application. I can see how it looks like I left it to the last minute but due to last experience and what it was saying on the Embassy's website, 4 weeks, I thought that I had plenty of time.
I wish you luck in your waiting, in that you do not have to wait as long as most of the people on here..........it really is a shambles and something needs to be fixed.............and soon
Old Jun 24th 2011, 4:41 pm
Just Joined

Jodilynn0330 is an unknown quantity at this point

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8330/4.5.0.175 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

Update: called careline and my daughters passport was printed today and I should have it monday/ tues. 12 wks total it took.
In all this mess we forgot to check my sons and his expires in August. Can he return home to UK with a month left on it?
Old Jun 24th 2011, 4:43 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jodilynn0330
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8330/4.5.0.175 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

Update: called careline and my daughters passport was printed today and I should have it monday/ tues. 12 wks total it took.
In all this mess we forgot to check my sons and his expires in August. Can he return home to UK with a month left on it?
Yes.
Old Jun 24th 2011, 4:54 pm
Daft.. not Stoopid

lyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by candy wy.
so you procrastinate on everything........
You must be American...

alt meaning
Procrastinate=late (passport=late)
Precipitation=wet (excuses from careline=wet)
Automobile=car (the only way your going vacation without a passport=car)

three and four letter words probably abound about this situation!
Old Jun 24th 2011, 4:59 pm

penguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AmerLisa
I never did call Careline, in the end I had sent a private msg to Dean to see if he could help. However, the very next day after the private msg to Dean, the passport showed up. I'm beginning to think its some kind of divine
intervention....

Send Dean a msg or call Careline, seems like others are getting their passports and yours has been too long...
I have messaged Dean. He told me that he would need a case number from careline to check for me.
Old Jun 24th 2011, 5:23 pm
Forum Regular

mshedden is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by mshedden
I was (foolishly) calling the 1-900 945 2220 line. I'll try the UK number instead.
Woo hoo - a RESULT! UPS has my passport, and it will be here this afternoon which is a major relief.

Timeline:

Mailed: March 22
Received DC: March 23
Processing started: April 15
Shipped: June 23
Arrived (will arrive): June 24

It is now 10 working weeks to the day since processing started.

Tracking indcates it was 'ready to ship' on the 20th, but not picked up until the 23rd.

This was essentially a new application (renewing an old expired blue passport).

Good luck to those that are waiting.
Old Jun 24th 2011, 5:32 pm
Daft.. not Stoopid

lyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud of

[QUOTE=mshedden;9454936]Woo hoo - a RESULT! UPS has my passport, and it will be here this afternoon which is a major relief.

Timeline:

Tracking indcates it was 'ready to ship' on the 20th, but not picked up until the 23rd.

congrats!! Please don't molest the UPS guy when he arrives... they get all upset
Old Jun 24th 2011, 5:34 pm
Just Joined

gbr2usa is just really nicegbr2usa is just really nicegbr2usa is just really nicegbr2usa is just really nicegbr2usa is just really nicegbr2usa is just really nicegbr2usa is just really nicegbr2usa is just really nicegbr2usa is just really nicegbr2usa is just really nicegbr2usa is just really nice

Woo hoo - a RESULT! UPS has my passport, and it will be here this afternoon which is a major relief.

Timeline:

Yeah.................great news
Old Jun 24th 2011, 5:34 pm
LP9
Forum Regular

LP9 is a glorious beacon of lightLP9 is a glorious beacon of lightLP9 is a glorious beacon of lightLP9 is a glorious beacon of lightLP9 is a glorious beacon of lightLP9 is a glorious beacon of lightLP9 is a glorious beacon of lightLP9 is a glorious beacon of lightLP9 is a glorious beacon of lightLP9 is a glorious beacon of lightLP9 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by lyonsden1193
Please don't molest the UPS guy when he arrives... they get all upset
Not all of them, I know a bloke named Sean who does my area that likes it.
Old Jun 24th 2011, 5:35 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Timeline:

Good news indeed.

I hope that you will stick around BE now that you've found us. That goes for all you new ladies and gents who initially stumbled across us whilst looking for passport info
Old Jun 24th 2011, 5:41 pm
Custom User

brax is an unknown quantity at this point

Wife's renewal / kids' application timeline
Mailed May 2
Delivered May 3
Payment June 6
4 week point will be July 5, 6 week point is July 19

Travel booked for July 11 - Nine weeks - I had NO IDEA that I'd not left enough time.

Oldest Kid's US renewal timeline (expedited)
Dropped off June 14
Payment June 21
Arrived June 24

My child's US passport took ten days so that's about seven times faster than processing of UK passports in DC.

I would gladly have paid to courier the applications/passports to/from the UK if I had that option.
Old Jun 24th 2011, 6:19 pm
Daft.. not Stoopid

Originally Posted by LP9
Not all of them, I know a bloke named Sean who does my area that likes it.
I do hope he just delivers and doesn't 'do' the area. I would hate for him to show up on CNN as breaking news

Originally Posted by Sue
Good news indeed.

I hope that you will stick around BE now that you've found us. That goes for all you new ladies and gents who initially stumbled across us whilst looking for passport info
couldn't agree more
Old Jun 24th 2011, 6:23 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lyonsden1193
congrats!! Please don't molest the UPS guy when he arrives... they get all upset
But some of them are so darn hot looking
Old Jun 24th 2011, 6:39 pm

penguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond repute

I broke down and decided to call Careline. Twice I got just static and then a recording saying that there is a very high call volume(what a surprise) and to try my call again later. I noticed that the website now says to allow 10 weeks for processing but it's been longer than that for us. I am truly disgusted by all of this!
Old Jun 24th 2011, 6:43 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sue
Good news indeed.

Indeed...we have a lot more to offer fellow British Expats besides passport advice.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.