Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Passport Delays

Passport Delays

Old Jun 30th 2009, 5:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

British Consul has a reputation beyond reputeBritish Consul has a reputation beyond reputeBritish Consul has a reputation beyond reputeBritish Consul has a reputation beyond reputeBritish Consul has a reputation beyond reputeBritish Consul has a reputation beyond reputeBritish Consul has a reputation beyond reputeBritish Consul has a reputation beyond reputeBritish Consul has a reputation beyond reputeBritish Consul has a reputation beyond reputeBritish Consul has a reputation beyond repute
Arrow Re: Passport Delays

Originally Posted by honey22
No i haven't. I have send a P.M to Dean . I've heard he is very helpful. I am hoping for the best. there is little else one can do.
I haven't received a PM, but from what you've said, you do have the option to get an emergency one-way passport from your nearest Consulate. I'm presuming you don't need to travel back to the US, so we can cancel your passport application and then you can apply for a new passport when you get back to the UK.

For any other US residents needing to travel urgently, we can offer a Temporary Passport service which will give you a passport valid for up to one year. Our Los Angeles and Orlando offices offer this service by appointment. The Orlando office will also process an application and mail it to you in exceptional circumstances (but you will need to go to your nearest consulate to fill out the application forms and to get your identity verified first).

Dean
Old Jun 30th 2009, 5:46 pm
Forum Regular

Nigel84 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Passport Delays

I got a call today that I have a UPS next day item that needs signature. I am going to pick it up on the way home from work. Hopefully it's a shiny new UK passport
Old Jun 30th 2009, 5:53 pm
Just Joined

honey22 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by British Consul
I haven't received a PM, but from what you've said, you do have the option to get an emergency one-way passport from your nearest Consulate. I'm presuming you don't need to travel back to the US, so we can cancel your passport application and then you can apply for a new passport when you get back to the UK.

For any other US residents needing to travel urgently, we can offer a Temporary Passport service which will give you a passport valid for up to one year. Our Los Angeles and Orlando offices offer this service by appointment. The Orlando office will also process an application and mail it to you in exceptional circumstances (but you will need to go to your nearest consulate to fill out the application forms and to get your identity verified first).

Dean
Hi, I sent you a P.M this morning and I am going to resend it. Our nearest passport office is in Chicago . Iam in Minneapolis,Minnesota. I tried calling the emergency # for Chicago consulate but no body picks up .
Old Jun 30th 2009, 6:00 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by British Consul

Dean
I just forwarded you my P.m . I had sent it to Dean earlier ,now i have forwarded it to British Council.
Old Jun 30th 2009, 6:29 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

I just forwarded you my P.m . I had sent it to Dean earlier ,now i have forwarded it to British Council.
?
British Consul is Dean.
Old Jun 30th 2009, 6:36 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by meauxna
?
British Consul is Dean.
I know. But my he didn't get my p.m . Do you have to be registered for 24 hours before you can send a P.m ? I registered this morning.
Old Jun 30th 2009, 6:40 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

I know. But my he didn't get my p.m . Do you have to be registered for 24 hours before you can send a P.m ? I registered this morning.
Shouldn't be.. I just sent you a PM to test.
Old Jun 30th 2009, 6:50 pm
Just Joined

Thank you dear !
Old Jun 30th 2009, 8:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

British Consul has a reputation beyond reputeBritish Consul has a reputation beyond reputeBritish Consul has a reputation beyond reputeBritish Consul has a reputation beyond reputeBritish Consul has a reputation beyond reputeBritish Consul has a reputation beyond reputeBritish Consul has a reputation beyond reputeBritish Consul has a reputation beyond reputeBritish Consul has a reputation beyond reputeBritish Consul has a reputation beyond reputeBritish Consul has a reputation beyond repute
Arrow Re: Passport Delays

Got it. Think you must have sent your PM to Dean instead of British Consul. No worries.

Dean
Old Jul 1st 2009, 2:43 pm
Just Joined

clothes.over.bros.xo is just really niceclothes.over.bros.xo is just really niceclothes.over.bros.xo is just really niceclothes.over.bros.xo is just really niceclothes.over.bros.xo is just really niceclothes.over.bros.xo is just really niceclothes.over.bros.xo is just really niceclothes.over.bros.xo is just really nice

A bit of hope for everyone on this thread --
I applied for a renewal of my british passport June 12th. It cost me $225. I sent it certified and it arrived in Washington DC June 15th. I've been chewing my nails and hoping it didnt take six weeks -- I wanted to travel this month. Got woken up this morning by a cheerful UPS man with my brand new British Passport. Didn't recieve any warning or anything, it just came.
It took only 15 days from when my passport was recieved in Washington for it to get back to me. I think the must be sorting things out. Good luck to everyone. And also -- I noticed that Jules said she and another woman paid by money order and got theirs back quickly -- I also paid by money order. =]
Old Jul 1st 2009, 3:25 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by clothes.over.bros.xo
A bit of hope for everyone on this thread --
I applied for a renewal of my british passport June 12th. It cost me $225. I sent it certified and it arrived in Washington DC June 15th. I've been chewing my nails and hoping it didnt take six weeks -- I wanted to travel this month. Got woken up this morning by a cheerful UPS man with my brand new British Passport. Didn't recieve any warning or anything, it just came.
It took only 15 days from when my passport was recieved in Washington for it to get back to me. I think the must be sorting things out. Good luck to everyone. And also -- I noticed that Jules said she and another woman paid by money order and got theirs back quickly -- I also paid by money order. =]
Lucky you. I sent mine on May 7th and it arrived in D.C May 10th and I am still waiting. I was supposed to take the flight out yesterday but postponed it to Friday , July 3. I hope I the passport arrives by then. Dean was kind enough and is trying to help me out. I am so fed up , don't know what else to do.
P.S i also paid by money order which was cased by the consulate on the 20th
of May.
Old Jul 1st 2009, 9:17 pm
Just Joined

RaceFan001 is an unknown quantity at this point

Like most others on this forum I have experienced huge delays and difficulties getting my passport renewed in the US. My application was received in Washington May 3rd. Six weeks later I hadn't heard anything so I did an online status enquiry and got the dreaded generic response which included a part that they would only contact me again if there was a problem with the application.
Well, this morning the phone rang with UPS saying I needed to be home to sign for a package. Three hours later they show up. I excitedly ripped into the envelope expecting my new passport. Huge disappointment, instead was my old expired passport, my application and a letter requesting more documentation.
What happened to contacting me if there was a problem, and why did it take eight weeks to discover it? Don't these people know how to pick up the phone or send an e-mail? Now I have to pretty much start all over again although if it can be done in less than another eight weeks I will only have to pay $12 postage. Not sure if there is much chance of that happening given what I have seen on this forum.
I probably should have tried instead to take my family on holiday to some third world country.....like Washington....Just kidding. Still, very frustrating.
Old Jul 2nd 2009, 1:06 am
Just Joined

Jdatlas is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by RaceFan001
Like most others on this forum I have experienced huge delays and difficulties getting my passport renewed in the US. My application was received in Washington May 3rd. Six weeks later I hadn't heard anything so I did an online status enquiry and got the dreaded generic response which included a part that they would only contact me again if there was a problem with the application.
Well, this morning the phone rang with UPS saying I needed to be home to sign for a package. Three hours later they show up. I excitedly ripped into the envelope expecting my new passport. Huge disappointment, instead was my old expired passport, my application and a letter requesting more documentation.
What happened to contacting me if there was a problem, and why did it take eight weeks to discover it? Don't these people know how to pick up the phone or send an e-mail? Now I have to pretty much start all over again although if it can be done in less than another eight weeks I will only have to pay $12 postage. Not sure if there is much chance of that happening given what I have seen on this forum.
I probably should have tried instead to take my family on holiday to some third world country.....like Washington....Just kidding. Still, very frustrating.
Oh no. You poor thing. I can't even imagine how disappointed you must have been. Let's hope they send your passport out quickly now that they have all the documentation they need.
Old Jul 2nd 2009, 3:10 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RaceFan001
It is incredibly discourteous just to send an application back. If more information is needed, the right way to do it is create a case file and simply write/phone and ask for whatever is missing.
Old Jul 2nd 2009, 4:42 pm
Forum Regular

kel.n.issy is a splendid one to beholdkel.n.issy is a splendid one to beholdkel.n.issy is a splendid one to beholdkel.n.issy is a splendid one to beholdkel.n.issy is a splendid one to beholdkel.n.issy is a splendid one to beholdkel.n.issy is a splendid one to beholdkel.n.issy is a splendid one to beholdkel.n.issy is a splendid one to beholdkel.n.issy is a splendid one to beholdkel.n.issy is a splendid one to behold

So I sent 3 of ours back for renewal 3 weeks ago - payed by CC and amount has been taken 2 days ago. Whats the consenus of how long it could take from now. We are going away (not needing PP just in US) for three weeks next week, what happens if your not there to sign - we need them for trip 1st Sept.

Issy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.