Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Passport Delays

Passport Delays

Old Jun 26th 2011, 2:45 pm
LP9
Forum Regular

LP9 is a glorious beacon of lightLP9 is a glorious beacon of lightLP9 is a glorious beacon of lightLP9 is a glorious beacon of lightLP9 is a glorious beacon of lightLP9 is a glorious beacon of lightLP9 is a glorious beacon of lightLP9 is a glorious beacon of lightLP9 is a glorious beacon of lightLP9 is a glorious beacon of lightLP9 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Passport Delays

Originally Posted by sachminu
Well I am happy that at least they have updated there website...and mentioned that it will take 10 weeks and also they have hired additional staff. Also pleased to see that the local media did a story.
Which page is that on Sachminu......link?
Old Jun 26th 2011, 5:20 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hotscot
..since I won't have a UK passport to prove I'm a UK citizen.
Your US passport will note where you were born, so you can always lean in close and tell the UK border agent, 'psst, I'm really one of you'.
That should kill both birds with one stone.
Old Jun 26th 2011, 5:23 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by meauxna
Your US passport will note where you were born, so you can always lean in close and tell the UK border agent, 'psst, I'm really one of you'.
That should kill both birds with one stone.
Just because you are born in the UK doesn't necessarily mean you a UKC.
Old Jun 26th 2011, 5:27 pm
staying around

candy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LP9
Which page is that on Sachminu......link?
Updated June 16th

http://ukinusa.fco.gov.uk/en/help-fo...w-to-apply/usa
Old Jun 26th 2011, 5:29 pm
LP9
Forum Regular

LP9 is a glorious beacon of lightLP9 is a glorious beacon of lightLP9 is a glorious beacon of lightLP9 is a glorious beacon of lightLP9 is a glorious beacon of lightLP9 is a glorious beacon of lightLP9 is a glorious beacon of lightLP9 is a glorious beacon of lightLP9 is a glorious beacon of lightLP9 is a glorious beacon of lightLP9 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by candy wy.
I see it now....tucked in the middle, and not where the normal status message is.

"Please note that the Washington Regional Passport Processing Centre is experiencing a significant increase in demand for passports which may affect the processing time for applications. Your passport application could take up to ten weeks. We have put in additional staff resources to reduce processing times. We are sorry for the delay. Please bear with us while we work hard at processing your passport application as quickly as possible."
Old Jun 26th 2011, 5:31 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Just because you are born in the UK doesn't necessarily mean you a UKC.
Oh, apologies then.
Old Jun 26th 2011, 8:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond repute

Just curious...does carrying my birth certificate prove I'm a UK citizen for the purposes of entering the UK?
Or is the passport the only thing that proves citizenship?
Old Jun 26th 2011, 8:35 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Just curious...does carrying my birth certificate prove I'm a UK citizen for the purposes of entering the UK?
I think so...but maybe Dean or JAJ can clarify. Why can't you just use your US PP and be done with it?
Old Jun 26th 2011, 8:47 pm
Forum Regular

mshedden is on a distinguished road

Do you have an old previously expired UK passport to take with ya?
Old Jun 26th 2011, 8:54 pm
Forum Regular

I think so...but maybe Dean or JAJ can clarify. Why can't you just use your US PP and be done with it?
If being born in the UK doesn't automatically make you a UKC, then presumably having a UK birth certificate doesn't either(?)
Old Jun 26th 2011, 9:14 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by mshedden
If being born in the UK doesn't automatically make you a UKC, then presumably having a UK birth certificate doesn't either(?)
Without looking I don't know whether parent's nationality is on a birth certificate.
Old Jun 26th 2011, 9:18 pm
Forum Regular

Without looking I don't know whether parent's nationality is on a birth certificate.
Checked mine - parents nationality is not on there.
Old Jun 26th 2011, 9:19 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by mshedden
Checked mine - parents nationality is not on there.
In that case you have a good point. It may depend on the date you were born as citizenship rules have changed over the years.

I know if you're British you can't be refused entry just because you don't have a passport...but how the heck you prove it I have no idea.

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Jun 26th 2011 at 9:21 pm.
Old Jun 26th 2011, 9:28 pm
Forum Regular

In that case you have a good point. It may depend on the date you were born as citizenship rules have changed over the years.

I know if you're British you can't be refused entry just because you don't have a passport...but how the heck you prove it I have no idea.
You sing 'Rule Brittania' to the immigration officer, and show him your stiff upper lip
Old Jun 26th 2011, 10:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond repute

Why can't you just use your US PP and be done with it?

Cause I don't have one yet and I don't have US citizenship yet. These things should be taken care of before I travel in two weeks but I'm just exploring all contingencies in case things don't go smoothly or timely as I thought the UK passport renewal would be.

In addition this seems to be the forum for such questions and answers that may inform others.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.