Reload this Page >

Passport Delays

Passport Delays

Old Jun 17th 2009, 1:03 pm
Just Joined

alamacra is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Passport Delays

Originally Posted by alamacra
We mailed applications on April 22nd via UPS, with payment taken May 14th. We are not traveling until June 24th, so are not yet at the point of full panic. It would be good to be able to get an update, however. This afternoon the Careline number at 1 900 945 2220 seems to be permanently unavailable.
With a week until we travel I am beginning to worry. I submitted a status inquiry on June 6th, and received a stock email saying "...we aim to issue your passport before you are due to travel. We will only contact you again if we will unable to meet your travel deadline, or there is a problem with your application.". Not hugely reassuring. I have not used the premium phone line yet, as others don't appear to find it useful.

Can anyone say whether I can expect our passports to appear with under a week to go without making further fuss?
Old Jun 17th 2009, 1:24 pm
Forum Regular

taradem is just really nicetaradem is just really nicetaradem is just really nicetaradem is just really nicetaradem is just really nicetaradem is just really nicetaradem is just really nicetaradem is just really nicetaradem is just really nicetaradem is just really nice

Who can say? I would suggest you PM Dean to get him to look into it. I got ours on Monday and I sent them on the same date as you but the money was taken May 22nd. I wouldn't bother with the premium rate line. They only give you status updates - they can't get anything moving. They did tell me that it is 20 days from when your money was taken if that helps at all?
Good Luck!

Originally Posted by alamacra
With a week until we travel I am beginning to worry. I submitted a status inquiry on June 6th, and received a stock email saying "...we aim to issue your passport before you are due to travel. We will only contact you again if we will unable to meet your travel deadline, or there is a problem with your application.". Not hugely reassuring. I have not used the premium phone line yet, as others don't appear to find it useful.

Can anyone say whether I can expect our passports to appear with under a week to go without making further fuss?
Old Jun 17th 2009, 2:11 pm
Just Joined

JulesNYC is just really niceJulesNYC is just really niceJulesNYC is just really niceJulesNYC is just really niceJulesNYC is just really niceJulesNYC is just really niceJulesNYC is just really niceJulesNYC is just really nice

Hello everyone

I just got my passport, and I must say I am pretty amazed because obviously I am an exception based on a lot of your stories.

I sent my passport in via Express mail on May 26th. (Confirmed receipt next day as I tracked it online). Originally, I did not need it back until end July as I was going on my honeymoon August 1st. We spent over $5000 on a 10 day Caribbean cruise so when I heard about all of the delays I really panicked - they won't let me on the ship without a passport. Then I heard some of you needed to send in copies of green-cards, etc. I had not included a copy so I was fully expecting to hear back from the Embassy requesting a copy.

Anyhoo - last week I heard I had to travel for work mid-July. I sent Dean a note and he told me that by the time I travel, I'll definitely have my passport. I also sent in an inquiry via the website form and received a standard notice stating all delays will be cleared up by the time I travel but to call the # on the website if I did not have my passport a week prior to travel.

I got a phone-call this morning from UPS - an automated system informing me a package was being delivered by USP air for delivery today and someone needed to be home to sign. I was expecting this to be my fiance's passport but it was mine. I'm amazed how quickly I received it based on the delays going on. Exactly 3 weeks from the date of receipt.

I did pay via US money order - I noted that someone else also paid via money order and she got hers rather rapidly too. Not sure if that made a difference or not, but I wanted to point it out.

So relieved I have the passport and now I can go on the honeymoon we saved so hard for.

So in my experience, it's either the money order making a difference or the Embassy are catching up and passports are indeed being expedited now. Anyone else pay via Money-Order and receive their passport quickly?

PS: Thank you Dean for your response to my note.
Old Jun 18th 2009, 2:29 pm
Just Joined

dbnull is just really nicedbnull is just really nicedbnull is just really nicedbnull is just really nicedbnull is just really nicedbnull is just really nicedbnull is just really nicedbnull is just really nice

I submitted my 3 boys passport application in April and it was signed for at Washington on the 20th of April, 09. My CC was charged on the 10th of May.
I still havent heard anything yet.

I have called Careline a total of three times being charged up to $45 altogether and twice they got the kids detail and told me that 2 of my kids (first and last born) status is in processing but did not have any information of my 2nd sons. Twice they emailed washington and said I would get a response in the next 48hours, unfortunately I did not get any response.

I have also filled the passport enquiry for my 3 children and got the same automated reply some of you have received, only 1 automated email for the 3 enquires based on each of my children.

It is now 9 weeks since it was received in Washington and still no response from the Embassy about the status of the 3 kids Passport application. This is their first passport, their ages are 5+, 4+ and 19months, are all born in the States and filing by descent.

I would have loved to PM Dean, unfortunately the forum rules states one needs to have at least 3 posting before it can be enabled.

I would be glad if someone can please kindly assist.
Old Jun 18th 2009, 2:41 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbnull
I submitted my 3 boys passport application in April and it was signed for at Washington on the 20th of April, 09. My CC was charged on the 10th of May.
I still havent heard anything yet.

I have called Careline a total of three times being charged up to $45 altogether and twice they got the kids detail and told me that 2 of my kids (first and last born) status is in processing but did not have any information of my 2nd sons. Twice they emailed washington and said I would get a response in the next 48hours, unfortunately I did not get any response.

I have also filled the passport enquiry for my 3 children and got the same automated reply some of you have received, only 1 automated email for the 3 enquires based on each of my children.

It is now 9 weeks since it was received in Washington and still no response from the Embassy about the status of the 3 kids Passport application. This is their first passport, their ages are 5+, 4+ and 19months, are all born in the States and filing by descent.

I would have loved to PM Dean, unfortunately the forum rules states one needs to have at least 3 posting before it can be enabled.

I would be glad if someone can please kindly assist.
Make 2 more posts then you will be able to send a PM.
Old Jun 18th 2009, 2:45 pm
Just Joined

dbnull is just really nicedbnull is just really nicedbnull is just really nicedbnull is just really nicedbnull is just really nicedbnull is just really nicedbnull is just really nicedbnull is just really nice

Thank you JerseyGirl
Old Jun 18th 2009, 3:11 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbnull
Thank you JerseyGirl
There you are...now you can send and receive PMs.

BTW welcome to BE.
Old Jun 18th 2009, 3:14 pm
Just Joined

Did & Done.
Thanks for welcoming me.
Old Jun 19th 2009, 12:21 am
Just Joined

yesserc is an unknown quantity at this point

Sent my app May 26th. Embassy ran the credit card June 8th. Travel date is June 26th (next Friday). Do I have any hope of getting it back in time? (it was a renewel)
Old Jun 19th 2009, 2:24 pm
Just Joined

mainscow is an unknown quantity at this point

OK, so my credit card was run on March 16th, and I got my passport yesterday. I called the Careline number last Thursday. My application was a little more complicated because my passport was lost while I was in Mexico in February. When I called Careline last week, I told them that I had a firm travel date, gave them the flight numbers, and that expedited things.

Call the number!!!!
Old Jun 20th 2009, 1:33 am
Just Joined

alison1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Angry Re: Passport Delays

We sent our application at end of April travel next week and have still not received the passports. Things don't seem to be getting any better
Old Jun 20th 2009, 1:36 am
Just Joined

I called the UK based helpline that is on the passport website and they said they would contact the Washington embassy to expedite - has anyone else been successful with this approach?
Old Jun 20th 2009, 1:43 am
Just Joined

Not sure if this will work
Old Jun 20th 2009, 1:46 am
Just Joined

yesserc is an unknown quantity at this point

I travel a week today. At what point should I contact my local consulate? (I live in Orlando)
Old Jun 20th 2009, 2:27 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

try reading the thread guys...plenty of advice already mentioned here...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.