Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Paris - 13/11/2015

Paris - 13/11/2015

Old Nov 19th 2015, 5:12 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Paris - 13/11/2015

Originally Posted by Boiler
Bombing not not need according to Corbyn, just arrest and try them.
What does he suggest? Sending a corps of constables armed with truncheons and a fleet of Transit vans?
Old Nov 19th 2015, 5:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute

Bombing not not need according to Corbyn, just arrest and try them.
Corbyn is predictably making Labour unelectable for the foreseeable future.
Old Nov 19th 2015, 5:15 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Pulaski
What does he suggest? Sending a corps of constables armed with truncheons and a fleet of Transit vans?
I guess they could be asked to attend their local police station?

Transits would have to be these:

Ford Transit Connect EV | Plug In America
Old Nov 19th 2015, 5:16 pm
Bloody Yank

RoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond repute

The one thing that ISIS has messed up on is that in taking hostage and killing western journalists and aid workers, there is now a lack of credible on-the-ground reporting of "misdirected" bombing.
They make their own videos.
Old Nov 19th 2015, 5:16 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Giantaxe
Did not think it would play well outside Islington.
Old Nov 19th 2015, 5:24 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

We can only hope so.
Old Nov 20th 2015, 7:52 pm
Austin. TX.

petitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond repute

This posted on FB about the steps taken before a refugee is granted a place in the USA is interesting reading..
Link:https://www.facebook.com/BryanScottH...nf&pnref=story

"[I]Most of my friends know I practice Immigration law. As such, I have worked with the refugee community for over two decades. This post is long, but if you want actual information about the process, keep reading.
I can not tell you how frustrating it is to see the misinformation and outright lies that are being perpetuated about the refugee process and the Syrian refugees. So, here is a bit of information from the real world of someone who actually works and deals with this issue.

SNIP

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Nov 21st 2015 at 12:25 am. Reason: Plse post a link to the source.
Old Nov 21st 2015, 12:05 am
Account Closed

British and American public opinion towards refugees has hardened following the terrorist attacks in Paris. More than four in ten (44%) Britons now believe that the UK should close its borders to refugees entirely, up five points since October, according to new research by Ipsos Mori.

The view is shared by nearly one in two (48%) Americans, up two points compared with last month

Article is HERE

Last edited by BEVS; Nov 21st 2015 at 12:33 am. Reason: Part of an article is fine. A link helps with copyright issues. Thanks
Old Nov 21st 2015, 12:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute

British and American public opinion towards refugees has hardened following the terrorist attacks in Paris. More than four in ten (44%) Britons now believe that the UK should close its borders to refugees entirely, up five points since October, according to new research by Ipsos Mori.

The view is shared by nearly one in two (48%) Americans, up two points compared with last month
Quoting without attribution again I see.
Old Nov 21st 2015, 12:34 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Quoting without attribution again I see.
I've included it .

Per the BE copyright rule.

A paragraph or so of an article is fine. Just ensure it is attributed by using a link or stating where it came from.

cheers beers
Old Nov 21st 2015, 8:23 am

So ISIS has drawn the ire, and indeed the fire, of four permanent members of the UN Security Council, so it can't be surprising that ISIS has now provoked China.
Aaaand here is the first consequence of ISIL killing a Chinese citizen - a "rare" unanimous UN Security Council resolution.
Old Nov 21st 2015, 8:24 am
Account Closed

What will Corbyn do?
Old Nov 21st 2015, 8:27 am

What will Corbyn do?
Nothing, that is his policy.
Old Nov 23rd 2015, 9:00 pm
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by robin1234
Looking at options in addition to the purely military, I assume (hope) that the U.S. is trying to get a handle on the financial side of things. Getting Turkey and Iraq to cooperate would be key. Apparently, IS has (or had) an income of $3 million per day from selling oil, gas and electricity, directly to, or via, Iraq, Syrian government, and Turkey. Air strikes take out some of the oil wells & trucks etc., but the neighboring governments, supposedly in conflict with IS, need to be encouraged to put a stop to the trade.

Then I read that Iraq still pays the salaries of thousands of public employees in IS controlled areas. This implies that the banks and banking networks are still fully operational between Iraq and IS controlled areas. IS then gets a second "tax" cut from these public employees ... ( whether the IS issue paperwork so the employees can claim a tax refund when they file their taxes, I wonder.) So, that's another major source of income for IS.

Selling looted antiquities, again, via Turkey or Syria.

IS may have looted banks in Mosul of up to $500 million, in U.S. dollars and gold bullion.

While I'm fine with complying with US IRS and treasury regulations in terms of my income, savings, etc., I'd just like to know that the U.S. is holding the IS (and Turkey, Syria and Iraq) to the same high standards.
OK, belatedly, it looks like the U.S. is starting to follow the money. Why did it take so long? Following on Russia's initiative?

US air strike 'hits 238 IS oil trucks' in Syria - BBC News
Old Nov 24th 2015, 12:23 am
Account Closed

US policy is governed by Politicians whose focus is on political matters not military.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.