Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Non Deliver USA

Non Deliver USA

Old Jul 1st 2004, 3:08 pm
C.G.D.S

sibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by joto
If you need anything in the mean time we are just down the road in central MA.
Thanks so much for that. I'm on Cape Ann and haven't explored MA at all so far. How long have you been here?

Today they told my lawyer they are "thinking" about releasing my shipment which seems to be a back track on what they said yesterday. The original delivery date was April 29.
Old Jul 1st 2004, 3:13 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by sibsie
Thanks so much for that. I'm on Cape Ann and haven't explored MA at all so far. How long have you been here?

Today they told my lawyer they are "thinking" about releasing my shipment which seems to be a back track on what they said yesterday. The original delivery date was April 29.

They can't "think" about it. It's your stuff, not theirs, and you don't owe them money. Back to the lawyer, I should say.
Old Jul 1st 2004, 3:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Just thought I'd add my two cents. We shipped our stuff over and used Simpsons. It was picked up January 18th (30 boxes) and it arrived in New York March 6th. It cleared customs and was sat in the shipping company's (Simpsons hands over to an American company as most of them do I would imagine) warehouse for months! I called Simpsons, called the shipping company - Global United Freight I think they were called - talked to everyone I could possibly talk to. I finally got tough with Simpsons and my boxes finally turned up May 28th. The only positive thing I can say about the whole experience, and I guess its the most important, is that everything arrived intact, with nothing missing.
Old Jul 1st 2004, 3:40 pm

James Box has a brilliant futureJames Box has a brilliant futureJames Box has a brilliant futureJames Box has a brilliant futureJames Box has a brilliant futureJames Box has a brilliant futureJames Box has a brilliant future
Smile

I sympathise with everyone who's had shipping problems but I thought I'd mention the company we used who were great and delivered our belongings on time. Perhaps it helps that they own companies in both the US and the UK. I know I would have hated to lose all my belongings.

We shipped with Allied Pickfords. Pickfords were great in the UK, boxing up all our junk and loading it into their van. We were informed of the progress of our shipment, when it was leaving the UK and when it arrived in the US. Allied then drove it from New York to Indianapolis and unloaded everything for us. All within a couple of months. I would recommend them to anyone. I don't think they are cheapest, but you get what you pay for...
Old Jul 1st 2004, 5:04 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by James Box
but you get what you pay for...
Or, as in Sibsie's case, you pay for it but don't get it.
Old Jul 1st 2004, 11:35 pm
Howling at the Moon

lairdside will become famous soon enoughlairdside will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by James Box
I sympathise with everyone who's had shipping problems but I thought I'd mention the company we used who were great and delivered our belongings on time. Perhaps it helps that they own companies in both the US and the UK. I know I would have hated to lose all my belongings.

We shipped with Allied Pickfords. Pickfords were great in the UK, boxing up all our junk and loading it into their van. We were informed of the progress of our shipment, when it was leaving the UK and when it arrived in the US. Allied then drove it from New York to Indianapolis and unloaded everything for us. All within a couple of months. I would recommend them to anyone. I don't think they are cheapest, but you get what you pay for...
I can second this recommendation. I haven't used them to move from the UK to the US but I have used them for other intercontinental moves. I used their full packing service (full pack, semi unpack, in truth). They aren't the cheapest but as the company was footing the bill that wasn't the issue.

I have heard of other people who have had bad experiences with them but I have used them on several occasions and mine have always been good.
Old Jul 6th 2004, 11:27 pm
Just Joined

MarianneT is an unknown quantity at this point

I stumbled on this thread while looking for information on "Deliver USA". We shipped our goods from Sydney Australia on the 28th of February and are still awaiting the second half of our shipment. Why? Because Nuss in Sydney underestimated the volume of the shipment - even after being told while they were packing that it didn't look like it was going to fit, they still sent a partial shipment. I find it quite interesting that we received 1/2 of everything. Can't assemble the beds because we don't have all the parts - including the mattresses. Can't assemble the stereo because we don't have the cables. Can't put together my study because we don't have all the components. Very convenient. We were also "held hostage" until we paid up another approx $2000 - even after paying an additional $800 for the first shipment.
Deliver USA doesn't return my phone calls and it would seem that they are still operating with "a small warehouse, a telex machine and one truck". "We are busy this time of year". We have two weeks before we need to get it dispatched. (So much for their ISO quality rating.)
I am disgusted by Nuss, Deliver USA and their subcontractor who is supposed to deliver our goods. The first half of our shipment, although several weeks late due to port congestion in Durban (!) was delivered promptly after its arrival in the US. The second half of our goods landed in Baltimore on the 28th of May. (Our other goods went through Charleston.) We're still waiting.

My sympathies to all of you who have also had this problem. And to those of you who are considering Nuss as your shipper. Don't.

Regards,
marianne
Old Jul 7th 2004, 12:01 am
Rock Goddess

Rockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond repute

I'm so sorry to hear about all of you have had experienced trouble with your shippers. Not getting my stuff was my worst fear when I moved over, and I spent months taking my precious things over one by one as hand luggage because I was so terrified of them getting lost. Some things can't be replaced and there was no way that stuff was going out of my site. Furniture and books can be replaced, but photos and personal things cannot. I really hope you get all your things...even if they are very delayed.
Old Jul 7th 2004, 12:27 am
C.G.D.S

sibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by MarianneT
Deliver USA doesn't return my phone calls and it would seem that they are still operating with "a small warehouse, a telex machine and one truck". "We are busy this time of year". We have two weeks before we need to get it dispatched. (So much for their ISO quality rating.)
I feel your pain. They've been feeding me that two weeks line for over three months now! I'm still no futher on, even with a lawyer on board. I contacted the Better Business Bureau in Baltimore as well.

If you want to swap notes, bung me a PM.
Old Jul 7th 2004, 2:11 pm
jingling

jcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond repute

As if by magic my shipment appears! My lawyer called them and they are releasing the shipment. It was a dispute between GB Liners and Deliver USA with my stuff being held to ransom. Deliver USA said it should be here within " a few weeks". I mean don't rush or anything!

We're still suing the sods though.
:scared:

Sibsie,

I'm so sorry to hear about your shipment, what a terrible mess As if being robbed at the airport wasn't bad enough. I hope they had to change their shorts after your lawyer spoke to them! I'm appalled they held your belongings over a dispute.

And I thought my hubby's shipment was bad- they BROKE his computer monitor. We had his sister take a look at it (she's a teckie (sp?) ) and she said they'd taken the outer shell off to look inside the monitor, then put it back on wrong. We only got a partial amount back, apparently the insurance wasn't full coverage.

I hope your things show up soon. Not only should they give you a complete refund, they should reimburse you for the new wardrobe you had to buy!

Juliet
Old Jul 8th 2004, 2:56 am
BE Enthusiast

cathy22w is just really nicecathy22w is just really nicecathy22w is just really nicecathy22w is just really nicecathy22w is just really nicecathy22w is just really nicecathy22w is just really nicecathy22w is just really nicecathy22w is just really nice

I feel your pain. They've been feeding me that two weeks line for over three months now! I'm still no futher on, even with a lawyer on board. I contacted the Better Business Bureau in Baltimore as well.

If you want to swap notes, bung me a PM.
Sibsie - Have your things STILL not arrived? That is terrible!

Marianne - sorry to hear of your troubles with DeliverNot USA.... may I also recommend anyone who reads any of this NOT to use UPakWeShip - I think they have a similar operation (customer service phone line goes to the same office as the listed general office phone, and the same person picks up each time).
Old Jul 8th 2004, 3:06 am
C.G.D.S

Originally posted by cathy22w
Sibsie - Have your things STILL not arrived? That is terrible!
I'm still at a stalemate. My lawyer wants a $2k retainer to look over contracts and that's just the start of it. He said as we have to tackle England and the US it could get really drawn out and expensive.

I've reported it to the BBB in Baltimore and really don't want to fork out piles of dosh for a long drawn out legal battle, so I'm not really sure what the hell to do. Insurance will only get involved if the goods are lost or damaged so that's another dead end.
Old Jul 8th 2004, 3:12 am
BE Enthusiast

cathy22w is just really nicecathy22w is just really nicecathy22w is just really nicecathy22w is just really nicecathy22w is just really nicecathy22w is just really nicecathy22w is just really nicecathy22w is just really nicecathy22w is just really nice

I'm still at a stalemate. My lawyer wants a $2k retainer to look over contracts and that's just the start of it. He said as we have to tackle England and the US it could get really drawn out and expensive.

I've reported it to the BBB in Baltimore and really don't want to fork out piles of dosh for a long drawn out legal battle, so I'm not really sure what the hell to do. Insurance will only get involved if the goods are lost or damaged so that's another dead end.
Have you got quotes from any other lawyers? This is a nightmare! Sorry to hear things have not improved.
Old Jul 8th 2004, 3:50 am
C.G.D.S

Originally posted by cathy22w
Have you got quotes from any other lawyers? This is a nightmare! Sorry to hear things have not improved.
The one I've been speaking to is local and the cheapest so far. He did make a call to them and didn't charge me which was decent of him.

The going rate round here seems to be $200 an hour.
:scared:
Old Jul 13th 2004, 4:22 pm
C.G.D.S

Finally it's here. Two non English speaking chaps from Lithuania arrived this morning in a Ryder Hire van, dumped my stuff and went on their merry way.

The only damage so far is my antique desk (trashed - split in the middle) , a bronze sculpture (broken arm) and my clothes are missing! I've still got another 10 boxes to go but I was still pleased to finally see my stuff. I just unpacked teddy! Hadn't seen him in months. Of course hubby would choose today and tomorrow to be working away.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.