Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Nice areas for families in and around Miami?

Nice areas for families in and around Miami?

Old Apr 27th 2016, 5:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

alfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Nice areas for families in and around Miami?

Hi all,

There is a possibility we're moving to Florida. My company have just opened an office in USA and we had the immigration lawyers at work today starting processes.

My wife already has friends in Key Biscayne (way too expensive for us).

So we're beginning to look at prices for a 2 or 3 bed apartment either south of Miami or north, maybe up to Fort Lauderdale.

We have a 6 year old so really want an area with good schools so he'll settle in more easily (this is our biggest anxiety factor). Quite near the beach and shopping malls also.

I'll be working sometimes at home and other days flying to LA so nearish an airport would also be ideal but not essential.

Very early stages so far but want to get the feel of things.

Thanks
Old Apr 27th 2016, 6:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nice areas for families in and around Miami?

Wow, after a huge effort you only obtained your wife's UK spouse visa in 2015 and you are now contemplating moving to the US.

Bear in mind that if you are out of the UK for any considerable time during the first 5 years of the spouse visa this will affect whether or not you can go to the next stage of Indefinite leave to Remain.

You might even have to start all over again.

Can't help with Miami neighborhoods.
Old Apr 27th 2016, 6:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

alfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
Wow, after a huge effort you only obtained your wife's UK spouse visa in 2015 and you are now contemplating moving to the US.

Bear in mind that if you are out of the UK for any considerable time during the first 5 years of the spouse visa this will affect whether or not you can go to the next stage of Indefinite leave to Remain.

You might even have to start all over again.

Can't help with Miami neighborhoods.
yep tell me about it. Well Florida has always been a dream for my wife especially Miami. We never imagined we'd get a chance to move to USA before we came to the UK.

It's an oportunity with the company that doesn't come up very often as we're expanding overseas.

Life is short!
Old Apr 27th 2016, 7:53 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Lots of people come here wanting to move to Florida, very few do.
Old Apr 27th 2016, 7:57 pm
Banned

hungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler
I couldn't think of many places worse to move to in the US than Florida. It's a redneck state.
Old Apr 27th 2016, 8:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by hungryhorace
I couldn't think of many places worse to move to in the US than Florida. It's a redneck state.

Been around Miami, where our friends live and no signs of rednecks there. Quite pleasant in fact. beautiful beaches , palm trees and friendly people.
Spanish is the main language spoken also which suits us just fine. Love the cuban zones.

We're not tied to Miami at all. I can work remotely where I want but Miami is just a short direct flight away to my wifes home. Her family can visit also.

Initial offering was LA!! But now we have to option to go elsewhere.
Old Apr 27th 2016, 8:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

May I ask why?
Old Apr 27th 2016, 8:28 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by alfista1
May I ask why?
Seemingly they have been there on holiday.
Old Apr 27th 2016, 8:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

Seemingly they have been there on holiday.
I see.

Ours is a different case. Firstly our business is going state side so some staff are needed there. I'm on the listing.
My wife is familiar with Miami, has good friends there and in other states, much closer to family, Spanish/latin culture and amazing weather.
I have very flexible work also.
Old Apr 27th 2016, 9:13 pm
Banned

hungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond repute

I see.

Ours is a different case. Firstly our business is going state side so some staff are needed there. I'm on the listing.
My wife is familiar with Miami, has good friends there and in other states, much closer to family, Spanish/latin culture and amazing weather.
It's horrid weather. It's ridiculously humid, and the intensity of the sun is insufferable. I'd have taken LA (fake as it is) any day. Sorry.

As I said, I hate Florida. It's mostly full of idiots, with limited education. Oh, and a Donald Trump resort. Say no more.
Old Apr 27th 2016, 9:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

I see.

What visa would your company be obtaining for you?
Old Apr 27th 2016, 9:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by hungryhorace
It's horrid weather. It's ridiculously humid, and the intensity of the sun is insufferable. I'd have taken LA (fake as it is) any day. Sorry.

As I said, I hate Florida. It's mostly full of idiots, with limited education. Oh, and a Donald Trump resort. Say no more.
horrid weather for some, perfect for others.

hot humid balmy and occasional hot downpours - paradise for us

Trump is all over the place, from Scotland to Punta Del Este. no escape
Old Apr 27th 2016, 9:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
What visa would your company be obtaining for you?
not sure yet, maybe L1a or b.
Old Apr 27th 2016, 10:25 pm
Forum Regular

Matt Sabre has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Sabre has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Sabre has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Sabre has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Sabre has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Sabre has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Sabre has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Sabre has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Sabre has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Sabre has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Sabre has a reputation beyond repute

I'd be alright with living in the Keys.
Old Apr 28th 2016, 10:56 am
BE Enthusiast

LondonSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeLondonSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeLondonSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeLondonSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeLondonSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeLondonSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeLondonSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeLondonSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeLondonSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeLondonSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeLondonSquirrel has a reputation beyond repute

Boca Raton is lovely.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.