Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

New Orleans - where to stay?

New Orleans - where to stay?

Old Mar 20th 2011, 8:23 pm
Forum Regular

steve100100 is just really nicesteve100100 is just really nicesteve100100 is just really nicesteve100100 is just really nicesteve100100 is just really nicesteve100100 is just really nicesteve100100 is just really nicesteve100100 is just really nicesteve100100 is just really nicesteve100100 is just really nice
Default New Orleans - where to stay?

Me and my dad will be hitting New Orleans for one night of drunken debauchery in celebration of my 40th next year.

We will be flying in for one night only and will be doing the drinking around the usual tourist areas.

Think it would be cheaper to just get a motel room at the airport and ride a cab downtown? Or does anyone know a good reasonably priced place to stay in the French quarter?
Old Mar 20th 2011, 8:31 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New Orleans - where to stay?

Originally Posted by steve100100
Me and my dad will be hitting New Orleans for one night of drunken debauchery in celebration of my 40th next year.

We will be flying in for one night only and will be doing the drinking around the usual tourist areas.

Think it would be cheaper to just get a motel room at the airport and ride a cab downtown? Or does anyone know a good reasonably priced place to stay in the French quarter?
There's been a few threads about New Orleans...if you use the search function you should be able to find them. You need to make sure you know what's a safe area and what isn't...it was discussed in the old threads.
Old Mar 20th 2011, 8:32 pm
Forum Regular

steve100100 is just really nicesteve100100 is just really nicesteve100100 is just really nicesteve100100 is just really nicesteve100100 is just really nicesteve100100 is just really nicesteve100100 is just really nicesteve100100 is just really nicesteve100100 is just really nicesteve100100 is just really nice

Thanks I will look.
Old Mar 20th 2011, 8:42 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks I will look.
Give me a shout if you have a problem locating them.
Old Mar 20th 2011, 8:48 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

The airport is so far from town.. you can stay in the French Quarter for $100-$200 and be in staggering distance of bed.
This is one of my favorite guest houses: http://www.olivierhouse.com/
Old Mar 20th 2011, 9:14 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by meauxna
The airport is so far from town.. you can stay in the French Quarter for $100-$200 and be in staggering distance of bed.
This is one of my favorite guest houses: http://www.olivierhouse.com/
I like it. Thanks, I will contact them
Old Mar 21st 2011, 12:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

TimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud of

One night only? You'll regret that.

I stayed here

http://www.stvguesthouse.com

in September last year. Cheap 'n' cheerful. Perfect for one night. About 1.5 miles from Canal & Bourbon. It's on a bus route - or obviously you can walk it or get a cab.

Or if you are just flying in one day - staying one night - and flying out the next day then why bother with a room at all? Leave your luggage at the airport & get a bus/cab into town. Go on the p#ss all night and then head back to the airport. Means no worries about getting back to your room at 5am with an alarm due to go off in a couple of hours and missing it...
Old Mar 21st 2011, 1:32 pm

Yorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond repute

Lucky bu99er - I could do with a night down there!!

Think we stayed at the Iberville Suites last time - one block off Bourbon, one block off Canal. Close enough to be very handy....far enough to be quiet! And they did a cracking soak-up-the-night before breakfast...From what I recall, the advertised rates were in the mid 100's, but called direct and got sub 100 as a late-ish booking.