Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

new Arizona illegal immigration enforcement law

new Arizona illegal immigration enforcement law

Old Apr 15th 2010, 2:17 pm

chartreuse is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: new Arizona illegal immigration enforcement law

Originally Posted by lapin_windstar
I think she means you wouldn't get pissed at a licensed premises because you'd already be pissed by the time you got there. HTH.
She?
Old Apr 15th 2010, 2:31 pm
Septic Sprout

tonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chartreuse
She?
Pipe down and get back to the kitchen.
Old Apr 15th 2010, 3:46 pm
And YOU'RE paying for it!

lapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond repute

She?
Hey - you're the one wearing a tiara!
Old Apr 15th 2010, 5:07 pm
Forum Regular

Angelstation is just really niceAngelstation is just really niceAngelstation is just really niceAngelstation is just really niceAngelstation is just really niceAngelstation is just really niceAngelstation is just really niceAngelstation is just really nice

Originally Posted by chrisfromusa
I thought crime in Phoenix was a pretty significant problem
I've lived here in Phoenix for over three years. Yes there is quite a lot of crime here. Still amazes me when I turn on the TV in the morning and there is another "Officer involved shooting" or "drop house" raided (i.e hiding holding area for illegals in the suburbs).

Phoenix is now the kidnapping centre of the USA. People in Mexico pay these "coyotes" tens of thousands of dollars to smuggle them into the USA. Once here, they are often forced to work for years just to pay back the smugglers their "fees" If they don't, the family in Mexico can be threatened or murdered or the illegal immigrant here disappears until the family in Mexico pay up.

There's more to it of course but it's not just keeping bus boys employed and manicured lawns looking wonderful in summer. There is a whole ugly world underneath it all. Death, drugs, kidnapping, prostitution; all to pay back the coyotes.

Sheriff Arpaio has no objection to LEGAL immigrants. It's the illegals and the subsequent problems that illegal trafficking brings that he's trying to stop
Old Apr 15th 2010, 5:21 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Angelstation
Sheriff Arpaio has no objection to LEGAL immigrants. It's the illegals and the subsequent problems that illegal trafficking brings that he's trying to stop
He's known as Dime Bag Joe round these parts unless you're outta Sun City West.

The sooner he's in one of his own jails, the better for all of us.
Old Apr 15th 2010, 5:24 pm

Originally Posted by fatbrit
He's known as Dime Bag Joe round these parts unless you're outta Sun City West.

The sooner he's in one of his own jails, the better for all of us.
Hmmm... that site didn't look at all partisan...
Old Apr 15th 2010, 5:36 pm
Forum Regular

Angelstation is just really niceAngelstation is just really niceAngelstation is just really niceAngelstation is just really niceAngelstation is just really niceAngelstation is just really niceAngelstation is just really niceAngelstation is just really nice

Yeah, that site is as "fair and balanced" as Fox News.......
Old Apr 15th 2010, 5:56 pm
A I
not even a fake TV lawyer

A I has much to be proud ofA I has much to be proud ofA I has much to be proud ofA I has much to be proud ofA I has much to be proud ofA I has much to be proud ofA I has much to be proud ofA I has much to be proud ofA I has much to be proud ofA I has much to be proud ofA I has much to be proud of

How's he going to effectively tell the illegals apart from US Citizens that do not carry documentation indicating their right to reside in the US, as is the case for most all US citizens ?

Last edited by A I; Apr 15th 2010 at 5:58 pm.
Old Apr 15th 2010, 6:02 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Never suggested it wasn't. But it does document the arguments against Arpaio to save me retyping them.

You'd vote for Arpaio as your local sheriff then, would you?
Old Apr 15th 2010, 6:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

geeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kaffy Mintcake
T
More and more I'm convinced that Arizona is really messed up with it comes to their laws. Too many people fancying themselves as in the 'wild wild west' perhaps.
this.
Old Apr 15th 2010, 6:06 pm
Septicity

Originally Posted by A I
How's he going to effectively tell the illegals apart from US Citizens that do not carry documentation indicating their right to reside in the US, as is the case for most all US citizens ?
It's dead easy. The daughter of the folks next door was born in the US and is therefore, of course, a US citizen. However, she does have brown skin. To make life easier for all those involved, her car window features the following message scrawled in day-glo marker:

Brown-Skinned Driver
Prepared To Be Stopped

I think it's jolly decent of her.
Old Apr 15th 2010, 6:08 pm
Septicity

Yeah, that site is as "fair and balanced" as Fox News.......
So easily dismissed, eh!

How about confronting some of the arguments against the man, instead?
Old Apr 15th 2010, 6:21 pm
Septicity

Originally Posted by A I
2)must be legal resident to enroll in public school.

Crude, but would work !!!! most all come to work and to give better education to their children.
The you'd be breaking the law of the land! See: Pyler v. Doe 457 U.S. 202.
Old Apr 15th 2010, 6:35 pm
A I
not even a fake TV lawyer

A I has much to be proud ofA I has much to be proud ofA I has much to be proud ofA I has much to be proud ofA I has much to be proud ofA I has much to be proud ofA I has much to be proud ofA I has much to be proud ofA I has much to be proud ofA I has much to be proud ofA I has much to be proud of

The you'd be breaking the law of the land! See: Pyler v. Doe 457 U.S. 202.
Interesting argument. I'd answer that the makeup of the court has changed, and the same case today would have a different outcome.
Also, they could be merely forced to pay the cost of the service, same as is done for F-1 students in High School effectively accomplishing the same thing.
Old Apr 15th 2010, 6:41 pm

You'd vote for Arpaio as your local sheriff then, would you?
One aspect of not being a citizen and therefore not having a vote is that whatever happens, it's not my fault. Quite liberating, actually.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.