Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Are my UK Electrical qualifications recognized in Austin?

Are my UK Electrical qualifications recognized in Austin?

Old May 1st 2015, 6:31 pm
Just Joined

Desertfoxjr is an unknown quantity at this point
Post Are my UK Electrical qualifications recognized in Austin?

Hi everyone,

I am moving to Austin TX in summer 2016 and I need to know what I would have to do to get my electricians license. Do I need to sit a state test? Where could I find more information regarding this? I am a fully qualified electrician with City and Guilds qualifications. I know in Canada you need to sit the red seal exam. A lot of topics about electricians working or wanting to move the USA is about actually trying to find a visa which does not apply to me, directly. So I am having a hard time finding information on this topic.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks a lot!
Old May 1st 2015, 6:49 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Are my UK Electrical qualifications recognized in Austin?

To answer the question in the thread title: "No."

There was another thread very recently on this topic (like you the visa wasn't an issue because of their spouse), also IIRC related specifically to Texas, so you might want to search for that as it will answer all your questions.

Last edited by Pulaski; May 1st 2015 at 6:52 pm.
Old May 1st 2015, 6:54 pm
Just Joined

Desertfoxjr is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you for taking the time to reply.

I try and find that thread and look into it.
Old May 1st 2015, 7:16 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

This is the thread I was thinking of.