Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

My Mom Is A Citizen!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Mom Is A Citizen!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old Jul 15th 2004, 7:40 pm
Just Joined

igbo1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Angry My Mom Is A Citizen!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My mother became a citizen at the start of this year and has now filed for me. I have received my EAD and now I am waiting for my I-130 to be approved.

I was wondering does it matter if I have been in the U.S. for 19 years (20yrs old), went to school here graduated from high school here and now attend college.:lecture:

I thought there was something that said if you graduated from highschool in the U.S. you automatically gain citizenship or was here for a number of years.

And how long does it take for the I-130 to be approved beacause I'll be 21 in Febuary.:scared:

Thanks 2 all who help answer my questions

Oh yeah I'm in the worst place for educated african immigrants
:scared: :scared: Houston,TX:scared: :scared: :scared:
Old Jul 15th 2004, 8:09 pm
dealing with it

Chopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really nice
Default Re: My Mom Is A Citizen!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by igbo1

I thought there was something that said if you graduated from highschool in the U.S. you automatically gain citizenship or was here for a number of years.
Now where do I sign up for that high school immigration program?!!!?
Old Jul 15th 2004, 9:12 pm
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

You'd be best off reading the US Visas and US Immigration forums on British Expats. If you can't find answers to your questions there, please repost in the more appropriate of the forums just mentioned.
Old Jul 16th 2004, 1:20 am
Howling at the Moon

lairdside will become famous soon enoughlairdside will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by NC Penguin
You'd be best off reading the US Visas and US Immigration forums on British Expats. If you can't find answers to your questions there, please repost in the more appropriate of the forums just mentioned.
I wonder if he's thinking of the Child Citizenship Act?

If he had been under 18 when his mother Naturalized then he would have become a US Citizen automatically.....
Old Jul 16th 2004, 1:22 am
Howling at the Moon

lairdside will become famous soon enoughlairdside will become famous soon enough

And how long does it take for the I-130 to be approved beacause I'll be 21 in Febuary.:scared:

It doesn't matter. You won't "age out".
Old Jul 16th 2004, 1:25 am
Howling at the Moon

My mother became a citizen at the start of this year and has now filed for me. I have received my EAD and now I am waiting for my I-130 to be approved.

I was wondering does it matter if I have been in the U.S. for 19 years (20yrs old), went to school here graduated from high school here and now attend college.:lecture:

Houston was working on I-485's filed June 01, 2002 according to the last report published on June 16, 2004.

http://shusterman.com/cgi-bin/ex-s-l...ectedOffice=37
Old Jul 16th 2004, 10:09 pm
Just Joined

igbo1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by lairdside
Houston was working on I-485's filed June 01, 2002 according to the last report published on June 16, 2004.

http://shusterman.com/cgi-bin/ex-s-l...ectedOffice=37
I TOLD YOU HOUSTON WAS THE WORST !!!!!!!!!!!!!!