Reload this Page >

Moving to USA - where to begin

Moving to USA - where to begin

Old Oct 22nd 2017, 5:00 pm
Just Joined

gtf1984 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving to USA - where to begin

Hi,

I'm looking for some help/advice on where to begin. I am a British expat living in Canada, I am a permanent resident and have been here for 4+ years with my wife and 4 kids. For the last few months I have been exploring the idea of moving south to the US, the prospects seem so much greater, better wages, cheaper housing, healthcare and schooling more advanced - but am just a little confused on how I can make this happen, I have a needed trade etc. Is there anyone that has successfully moved to the US on a traded visa whom could give me some help or advice on where to start etc I would really appreciate it.

Gary

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Oct 22nd 2017 at 5:09 pm. Reason: Not a good idea to post email addy
Old Oct 22nd 2017, 5:11 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to USA - where to begin

Welcome to BE.

Please take a read through the following...if you fit into one of the categories you may be in with a chance!!

Pulaski's Ways: How to Live and Work in the USA : British Expat Wiki

Consider getting Canadian citizenship...that may open more doors to the US.