Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Moving from the UK to the USA

Moving from the UK to the USA

Old May 2nd 2011, 2:19 pm
Just Joined

dimple65100 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Moving from the UK to the USA

Do we submit the I-130 and the G-325 together or just the I-30? or can anyone tell us if i can get a permit or visa whilst my application is being processed? i am married to a US citizen.
Old May 2nd 2011, 2:38 pm
Professional Cat herder

Zoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving from the UK to the USA

wrong forum , try the USA One
Old May 2nd 2011, 2:45 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Zoe Bell
wrong forum , try the USA One
What? She's married to a USC and is asking about moving from the UK to the US. Seems like the right forum to me!

Ian
Old May 2nd 2011, 2:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dimple65100
Do we submit the I-130 and the G-325 together or just the I-30? or can anyone tell us if i can get a permit or visa whilst my application is being processed? i am married to a US citizen.
Submit the I-130 and 2x G-325 one for you and one for your spouse.

In actuallity you are applying for a visa in the end not your spouse, the I130 is asking permission for your usc spouse for you to apply 5-6 months down the line, but, but you can visit under the visa waiver if elligable, but can not remain beyond a 90 day limit until you are approved and have visa in hand.

We used the Wiki link at the top, very helpful. You will eventually be applying for the CR-1 visa

Last edited by Wolfy; May 2nd 2011 at 3:01 pm.
Old May 2nd 2011, 2:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond reputeWolfy has a reputation beyond repute

http://britishexpats.com/wiki/

this will help you!
Old May 2nd 2011, 3:08 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Where are you both currently living?

The I-130 instructions are very clear on what to include, so that should answer your initial question. Go to www.uscis.com, Forms, I-130.

You don't need a special permit or visa in the meantime, you just visit the USA as a tourist as you did before, while the Immigrant Visa process is going on.

Rene
Old May 2nd 2011, 4:35 pm
Professional Cat herder

Zoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
What? She's married to a USC and is asking about moving from the UK to the US. Seems like the right forum to me!

Ian
It was in the Canada one, I drew it to the mods attention , they kindly moved it. I posted so that the OP could start a new thread if they got to it before the mods.

Just trying to be helpful
Old May 2nd 2011, 5:14 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101

The I-130 instructions are very clear on what to include, so that should answer your initial question. Go to www.uscis.com, Forms, I-130.

You don't need a special permit or visa in the meantime, you just visit the USA as a tourist as you did before, while the Immigrant Visa process is going on.

Rene
www.uscis.gov
Old May 2nd 2011, 5:29 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
Oops, thanks for the correction Bob.

Rene
Old May 2nd 2011, 6:19 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Zoe Bell
It was in the Canada one, I drew it to the mods attention , they kindly moved it.
Ah... pesky mods! Always moving things from point A to point B.

Ian
Old May 2nd 2011, 6:57 pm

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Ah... pesky mods! Always moving things from point A to point B.

Ian
That's what we get paid the big bucks for. LOL

Rene
Old May 3rd 2011, 8:18 am
Just Joined

dimple65100 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Noorah101

Rene
Thank you Rene, but is there a time limit as to how long i can stay whilst this process is going on?
Old May 3rd 2011, 12:36 pm
Account Closed

... is there a time limit as to how long i can stay whilst this process is going on?
Your USC spouse can remain in the US indefinitely. You, however, are still limited to the 90 days of the VWP.

Ian
Old May 3rd 2011, 2:13 pm

Thank you Rene, but is there a time limit as to how long i can stay whilst this process is going on?
You can stay in the USA the length of time as you normally would as a tourist, depending on how you are traveling to the USA (VWP or B-2 visa).

Rene