Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Montreal Interview Help

Montreal Interview Help

Old Jun 23rd 2001, 8:19 pm
Just Joined

martha is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey all - after I sent back my checklist and biographical form to Montreal on June 5th I constantly e-mailed the consulate and called them about 3 times to find out if my file had been updated and if I could find out anything about my interview date. I called again on Monday (June 18th) and was getting worried. He told me there still was not anything entered in the computer and he knew nothing about my interview. I told him I had a wedding date set for July 14th and would, of course, love an interview before then if at all possible.
He told me that that is something they need to know and entered the date it in the computer. He also told me to fax them a copy of the wedding invitation so they could have proof of the date. I did this right away (after I finished complaining that no one else I spoke to at the consulate earlier even mentioned I should do so) - it was about 4:30 pm.
I called back on Thursday and found out that I had an interview scheduled on July 5th! Cutting it close but at least I got it. I got the letter on Friday.
Wanted to ask those of you who have gone through the interview in Montreal how long it went for (mine is at 9:00am). Are there any hotels close by? Is there anything extra I should bring with me? Anything else I should know before I get there? This is the last step before the wedding and I don't want to screw it up! Thanks for any and all help!
Martha