Reload this Page >

L2 to North Carolina, possibly pregnant at 42

L2 to North Carolina, possibly pregnant at 42

Old Feb 14th 2016, 1:20 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: L2 to North Carolina, possibly pregnant at 42

No 1 most popular retirement town.

Not sure you can go wrong with NC, unless you are into Murican Football.
Old Feb 14th 2016, 1:46 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
Home births in NC are legally very dubious, though Asheville is the sort of place where you might find a few supporters for home births. ..... But a home birth as a 42-43 year old is not a low-risk matter and finding support for a home birth at that age might be rather difficult, combined with the fact that if there are complications during the birth, the cost of getting to hospital and additional risk and cost of the delay of getting to hospital could add considerable to the cost of the birth.

My daughter had her daughter at home with the aid of a midwife when she was age 42. It was her second home birth with the same midwife. I, too, was dubious until I met with the midwife and found out how thorough the care and precautions are.

Daughter was given as good as if not better care with the midwife during her nine months then she or I received with our OBYNs. Because of her age, she was sent for blood work and scan to be sure there were no problems. If there were problems, the hospital was only 10 minutes away and she did have a GYN.

I had the privilege of being there when she gave birth and it was the thrill of a lifetime to watch my granddaughter being birthed. It is not a process for everyone and you have to trust your midwife and be healthy. Of course, this was in the State of Mississippi though, not North Carolina.
Old Feb 14th 2016, 5:27 pm
Austin. TX.

petitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by augigi
LOL - not advising a home birth is very much different than recommending a C-section. Most hospital births do not involve C-sections. I don't see any suggesting the criteria for deciding should be financial, but it seems you also don't think it should be based on medical advice, judging by your derisive comment about the "good doctor".
The whole sentence that I wrote was sarcastic. If any doctor suggested a c-section to me or my family before the birth then I would look into it very, very thoroughly.

And before anyone gets on their high horse about my stinky attitude towards doctors, my last baby SHOULD have been an elective c-section. As a result of not getting one, she almost died. If we hadn't been living in France (where it is almost impossible to sue a doctor) I would have sued the bugger. As it happened, he died 6 months later.
Old Feb 14th 2016, 6:06 pm
Account Closed

Lets get things back on a more positive note, you are moving to the best State.
Old Feb 14th 2016, 6:07 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler
Lets get things back on a more positive note, you are moving to the best State.
I thought the "best state" was full already?

Last edited by Pulaski; Feb 14th 2016 at 6:13 pm.
Old Feb 14th 2016, 6:10 pm
Account Closed

Best available State.
Old Feb 14th 2016, 6:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

rbackhouse has a reputation beyond reputerbackhouse has a reputation beyond reputerbackhouse has a reputation beyond reputerbackhouse has a reputation beyond reputerbackhouse has a reputation beyond reputerbackhouse has a reputation beyond reputerbackhouse has a reputation beyond reputerbackhouse has a reputation beyond reputerbackhouse has a reputation beyond reputerbackhouse has a reputation beyond reputerbackhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler
Best available State.
We are full too now
Old Feb 16th 2016, 3:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

OP: The NHS is recognized as providing "Creditable Cover". ie in the eyes of the Yanks, you are currently insured by the NHS.