KB Homes

Old Jul 14th 2004, 3:34 pm
Blindside Fumbler

Tone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of light
Default KB Homes

I was looking at buying a house from this company, but when I did a web search I found this.....

http://www.kbhomesucks.com/

Has anybody had any experience of this company, are they really that bad ???
Old Jul 14th 2004, 4:31 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: KB Homes

Definitely the build’em-cheap-n-sell’em-fast end of the market.

Some advice:

* Don’t ever go near a new home builder without taking a trustable realtor with you – won’t cost you anything (the seller pays the commission!) and will give you some relief from the sales pressure and show you the tricks. The realtor won’t be able to represent you if you visit the site the first time without them.

* If the home hasn’t yet been built, consider hiring an independent home inspector who will check the quality of the construction as it’s going on. They usually pay around five visits to the site and will check things before they’re covered up. The home builder won’t like it, but that’s what your realtors for. Also, the so-called warranties usually stink.
Old Jul 14th 2004, 4:40 pm

Neathborn is a glorious beacon of lightNeathborn is a glorious beacon of lightNeathborn is a glorious beacon of lightNeathborn is a glorious beacon of lightNeathborn is a glorious beacon of lightNeathborn is a glorious beacon of lightNeathborn is a glorious beacon of lightNeathborn is a glorious beacon of lightNeathborn is a glorious beacon of lightNeathborn is a glorious beacon of lightNeathborn is a glorious beacon of light

Originally posted by Tone
I was looking at buying a house from this company, but when I did a web search I found this.....

http://www.kbhomesucks.com/

Has anybody had any experience of this company, are they really that bad ???
I would be wary -- we used to live in San Antonio where there was (and maybe still is) a lot of construction going on by KB. We didn't buy one of their houses because we didn't think the quality was very good -- sure, you get a bigger home for a cheaper price, but it wasn't worth it for us.
Old Jul 14th 2004, 9:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

supernav will become famous soon enoughsupernav will become famous soon enough

If it's cheap. You get waht you pay for.

We have ghetto houses going for $500k out here in LA. If i get a KB Home for $280, i'll spend my own $50k to fix the problems and still be WAY ahead of the game!

Now if KB homes were the same prices as everyone else in the neighbourhood -- yeah i'd be pissed.

-= nav =-
Old Jul 15th 2004, 12:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

jjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond reputejjmb has a reputation beyond repute

We have a KB home and so far, two yrs down the road, no problems. They are basic homes without the finer details but plenty of room. Friend of our with a well known upclass builder in this area, Newmark homes, on the other hand had all sorts of problems. To be honest, no house in the states is built to the same standard as Europe, as they built for 50 yrs max and then they are ready to be pulled down.
Old Jul 15th 2004, 1:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

ducatiandy is an unknown quantity at this point

Every house builder has problems with houses, people are just more aware because they have to live with it every waking hour. I just watched one of the videos, and laughed when the couple with the patio door problem, said that they had said we want a new upgraded door and we will pay for it but KB said they won't take responsiblity for it once it is fixed to the house, quite bloody right, does Ford take responsibility for your new upgraded stereo you install after purchasing the car, no they do not!

As you can no doubt see I am a builder and trained as a Quantity Surveyor(just like Tone) many years ago and have worked for a builder for many years as Division Manager. I bought a new house 6 years ago, I snagged it to death before I paid any money or even moved in, people pay for a survey prior to buying a house which is the biggest thing most of us are going purchase in our lives, why not pay someone in the know a few quid and get a proper snag list compiled.

I feel sorry for home builders as I for one would hate to deal with the public, as the biggist compaint is cracking , cracking in most cases is settlement, just the house settling in its place, people think this is a problem and panic.

Deal with people as you would like to be dealt, that is my moto and believe me it works.

Last edited by ducatiandy; Jul 15th 2004 at 1:38 pm.
Old Jul 15th 2004, 9:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

supernav will become famous soon enoughsupernav will become famous soon enough

These morons don't know -- that by advertising all the problems KB has, and slagging them in the press ...

in essence they're DEVALUING their own damn house! So instead of asking for $370k for their house -- buyers will be like "KB? Eww!" and lowball them $280k instead.

Good going. Real smart.

-= nav =-