Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Job Hunting in the PNW (Engineering)

Job Hunting in the PNW (Engineering)

Old Aug 19th 2016, 5:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

Harveyspecter has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyspecter has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyspecter has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyspecter has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyspecter has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyspecter has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyspecter has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyspecter has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyspecter has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyspecter has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyspecter has a reputation beyond repute
Default Job Hunting in the PNW (Engineering)

Hi All,

I remember reading long thread about job hunting advice which I was going to post in, but now I can't find it!

I am an experienced (10yrs) Mechanical Engineer in the mechanical, manufacturing, automotive and semiconductor industry, with my last employment before emigrating being with Ford Motor Company, but haven't had much luck so far in the 6 weeks or so I have been looking. I know the recruitment process works a bit differently out here but just wondered if anyone could give me any tips?

I am currently in central Washington but ideally want to move to the Boise ID area. I have updated my resume and tailored it to the US format. I have had a resume review and updated it accordingly and for each job I apply for I tailor my cover letter and resume to the best of my ability but I have 2 issues; the first is that so far I haven't had much interest so am not sure if my resume is letting me down or if I'm just not suited to the role.
Secondly, if the Boise area, 95% of the roles seems to be heavily software/IT based whereas my skills and experience are more mechanical. Is there any demand for mechanical type engineers in that area?

Thanks in advance.
Old Aug 19th 2016, 8:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

mrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Job Hunting in the PNW (Engineering)

I am going to attend this next week if I can. Maybe I can get some info for you.

Oregon Local News - Intel 'Eliminati' group to hold job fair next week
Old Aug 20th 2016, 1:25 am
BE Enthusiast

Harveyspecter has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyspecter has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyspecter has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyspecter has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyspecter has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyspecter has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyspecter has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyspecter has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyspecter has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyspecter has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyspecter has a reputation beyond repute

That would be great, thank you! PM me if you need anything.
Old Aug 20th 2016, 2:34 am
Austin. TX.

petitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Harveyspecter
Hi All,

I remember reading long thread about job hunting advice which I was going to post in, but now I can't find it!
Was this the post? It was excellent and I reposted the link a couple of days ago. http://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-5...unting-871760/

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Aug 20th 2016 at 12:59 pm. Reason: Cocked up quote
Old Aug 24th 2016, 3:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

That's the one,, thank you.