Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

International Auto Source

International Auto Source

Old Aug 28th 2015, 10:10 pm
Forum Regular

Clahal has a reputation beyond reputeClahal has a reputation beyond reputeClahal has a reputation beyond reputeClahal has a reputation beyond reputeClahal has a reputation beyond reputeClahal has a reputation beyond reputeClahal has a reputation beyond reputeClahal has a reputation beyond reputeClahal has a reputation beyond reputeClahal has a reputation beyond reputeClahal has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: International Auto Source

Originally Posted by ocaiden
First post here, but I've been lurking for a while. Lots of very useful information on this site!

I move to LA on Monday and have also sorted a car with Intl Auto. I've also got a rental for a couple of weeks until we can pick it up, but I haven't seen anything saying they will reimburse the rental costs? Do you have to ask them? Thanks for any help!
You should definitely ask them..the guy I spoke with offered it to me. He's based in NY an we're in NJ but I'd imagine their polices are nation wide? 😀
Old Aug 29th 2015, 5:57 pm
Banned

gcjunkie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Clahal
You should definitely ask them..the guy I spoke with offered it to me. He's based in NY an we're in NJ but I'd imagine their polices are nation wide? 😀

I somehow doubt it and even if they did the restrictions would be quite extensive i imagine!
Old Aug 30th 2015, 1:34 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gcjunkie
I somehow doubt it and even if they did the restrictions would be quite extensive i imagine!
I would guess that it is based on the vehicle you ordered not being delivered on the contracted date. Ours was delivered 2-3 weeks ahead of schedule.
Old Aug 31st 2015, 1:12 am
Just Joined

ravisgf is an unknown quantity at this point

Can anyone has info if Intnl AutoSource provides lease for new/used BMWs.I have appointment scheduled with them later this week,but wanted to know if someone already has any info on this.
Thanks in advance..
Old Aug 31st 2015, 1:25 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ravisgf
Can anyone has info if Intnl AutoSource provides lease for new/used BMWs.I have appointment scheduled with them later this week,but wanted to know if someone already has any info on this.
Thanks in advance..
I don't know for certain, but I've never heard that they do.
Old Aug 31st 2015, 1:25 am

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ravisgf
Thanks in advance..
Look on their web site and see if BMW is listed as one of the makes they supply.
Old Aug 31st 2015, 1:30 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by lansbury
Look on their web site and see if BMW is listed as one of the makes they supply.
I checked the website Showroom - Expat Car Program | International AutoSource and didn't see BMW available to build. anyways will update the thread after my conversation with them.
Old Aug 31st 2015, 6:48 pm
Just Joined

GeneGenie87 is an unknown quantity at this point

I used IA just four weeks ago - what a truly wonderful set of individuals. They gave me multiple options, talked me through the advantages and disadvantages (I'd never bought a 4x4 previously).

They answered all my silly questions without even batting an eyelid - I'd highly recommend them!
Old Aug 31st 2015, 6:49 pm
Just Joined

GeneGenie87 is an unknown quantity at this point

@ravi

They can provided leases for Ford, Audi, Lincoln and VW.

However if you want to finance/ buy first/ second hand they will help you with any brand on the market.
Old Sep 2nd 2015, 2:40 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by GeneGenie87
@ravi

They can provided leases for Ford, Audi, Lincoln and VW.

However if you want to finance/ buy first/ second hand they will help you with any brand on the market.
Thanks for the details Genie..
I'm checking out with both Intnl AutoSource and ExpatRide tomorrow.
Old Sep 5th 2015, 1:04 am
Just Joined

jennyjroe has a reputation beyond reputejennyjroe has a reputation beyond reputejennyjroe has a reputation beyond reputejennyjroe has a reputation beyond reputejennyjroe has a reputation beyond reputejennyjroe has a reputation beyond reputejennyjroe has a reputation beyond reputejennyjroe has a reputation beyond reputejennyjroe has a reputation beyond reputejennyjroe has a reputation beyond reputejennyjroe has a reputation beyond repute

I have been in Virginia for 3 weeks, arrived alone, and sorting out a car has been far the most stressful and difficult aspect of my move so far! I have sufficient cash transferred from UK to buy a car outright but aimed to build my credit score by getting a car loan. Today the loan was turned down owing to insufficient credit record. So can anyone advise on the best options e.g. buying with cash vs leasing with International Auto Source?
Old Sep 5th 2015, 3:33 am
Forum Regular

Tom1981 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jennyjroe
I have been in Virginia for 3 weeks, arrived alone, and sorting out a car has been far the most stressful and difficult aspect of my move so far! I have sufficient cash transferred from UK to buy a car outright but aimed to build my credit score by getting a car loan. Today the loan was turned down owing to insufficient credit record. So can anyone advise on the best options e.g. buying with cash vs leasing with International Auto Source?
I'm afraid that with IAS, you need to order before arriving in the US. I'm not sure of any other options, but hey - at least you have the cash to buy a car in full; there are always other ways to build your credit rating...
Old Sep 5th 2015, 3:37 am
Forum Regular

Tom1981 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ocaiden
First post here, but I've been lurking for a while. Lots of very useful information on this site!

I move to LA on Monday and have also sorted a car with Intl Auto. I've also got a rental for a couple of weeks until we can pick it up, but I haven't seen anything saying they will reimburse the rental costs? Do you have to ask them? Thanks for any help!
Confirm with them directly - but yes, they reimburse 30 days of rental per order (we had two rentals, one after the other - one for my finance deal, and one for my wife's lease).

Make sure they book the rental for you; you'll have to pay for it upfront, and then they'll reimburse once you take delivery of your final vehicle.
Old Sep 5th 2015, 3:40 am
Austin. TX.

petitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond repute

IAS can only help before you move. I suggest you try VW ex-pat for deals. Friends of ours used them and got a good deal on a jetta.
Also maybe look at aig inbound, this is a service that costs about $450 but we saved that on our first y6 months car insurance through them, they will also help you get an unsecured credit card which helps with credit history. We used them for this too and also to get a mortgage.
Old Sep 5th 2015, 1:17 pm

Originally Posted by petitefrancaise
IAS can only help before you move. ......
Based on what I have read over the past few months, I think that may only be true for sales/ finance, and not for leases. Someone else certainly seemed to have leased a car through them after arriving in the US.

Last edited by Pulaski; Sep 5th 2015 at 1:19 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.