Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

International Auto Source

International Auto Source

Old Nov 14th 2014, 12:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: International Auto Source

That's pretty good...I suppose it doesn't happen too often.
Old Nov 14th 2014, 12:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hotscot
Here's what I got.
Ford Focus Kona Limited Edition with free bike rack and free Kona mountain bike.
loved it for nippy Euro handling.

(Passed it on to one of my nephews.)

http://www.focusfanatics.com/albums/...na_Edition.jpg
Pic of ours when we handed it over this summer.
Attached Thumbnails International Auto Source-explorer.jpg  
Old Nov 17th 2014, 4:17 pm
Forum Regular

DougyFresh is a glorious beacon of lightDougyFresh is a glorious beacon of lightDougyFresh is a glorious beacon of lightDougyFresh is a glorious beacon of lightDougyFresh is a glorious beacon of lightDougyFresh is a glorious beacon of lightDougyFresh is a glorious beacon of lightDougyFresh is a glorious beacon of lightDougyFresh is a glorious beacon of lightDougyFresh is a glorious beacon of lightDougyFresh is a glorious beacon of light

Hi All,
I am also moving to Arizona end Dec on a IR1 Visa and was wondering if I would still qualify to use IAS considering the following:
I don’t have a job lined up yet but i am confident of getting one once I am there.
My wife and two kids (USC) have already made the trip, and she is working already but she is using an old Toyota Corolla donated to her by a relative.
We do have a small amount of money we could put towards a deposit ($4000) for a new or used but in good condition (i.e low millage).

Thank you
Doug
Old Nov 17th 2014, 4:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond repute

You could ask them?

Expat Car Sales without a Local Credit History & Global Car Rental | International AutoSource

(Where are you moving to and what kind of work will you be seeking? You may get good local advice from some members.)

Last edited by Hotscot; Nov 17th 2014 at 4:30 pm.
Old Nov 17th 2014, 9:29 pm
Forum Regular

DougyFresh is a glorious beacon of lightDougyFresh is a glorious beacon of lightDougyFresh is a glorious beacon of lightDougyFresh is a glorious beacon of lightDougyFresh is a glorious beacon of lightDougyFresh is a glorious beacon of lightDougyFresh is a glorious beacon of lightDougyFresh is a glorious beacon of lightDougyFresh is a glorious beacon of lightDougyFresh is a glorious beacon of lightDougyFresh is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Hotscot
You could ask them?

Expat Car Sales without a Local Credit History & Global Car Rental | International AutoSource

(Where are you moving to and what kind of work will you be seeking? You may get good local advice from some members.)

Thanks for the link Hotscot,

I am moving to phoenix and will be seeking employment in Information Security(cyber security) field. I have over 10 years experience in application development as a release engineer/Application management but I have just completed my Msc in Computer Systems Security Management and will be looking for an entry level in cyber security field(career field change).

Any advice whether it's to do with buying a new car or finding a job is very very much appreciated.

Thanks
Old Nov 17th 2014, 10:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I admire your career interests...I think Phoenix will be a little thin on that sort of opportunity though, (I could be wrong), compared to the coastal regions.
You could also search for work at home jobs, and also create a robust LinkedIn entry.
Old Jul 31st 2015, 6:47 pm
Just Joined

Sammyantha is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi. Has anyone had problems with IAS?

for the last 2 months we have been trying to get a quote for a Ford Expedition yet each time they quoted they adjusted the spec. As we only have 3 weeks til we move we emailed again saying we were ready to go ahead and we were very specific on the car and spec and the quote we wanted to take up.
They happily took our deposit then came back to us with a lower spec car for more money each month telling us the car will be ready in November!!!
We have asked for our deposit back which they are refusing to do as they've ordered the car.....not the car we requested and we certainly don't want to be hiring a car for 3 months in the interim.

We've now decided to use savings and buy outright but we can't afford to lose $1000 and really don't need the stress on top of moving our family overseas.
Old Jul 31st 2015, 6:53 pm
Forum Regular

smarty156 has a reputation beyond reputesmarty156 has a reputation beyond reputesmarty156 has a reputation beyond reputesmarty156 has a reputation beyond reputesmarty156 has a reputation beyond reputesmarty156 has a reputation beyond reputesmarty156 has a reputation beyond reputesmarty156 has a reputation beyond reputesmarty156 has a reputation beyond reputesmarty156 has a reputation beyond reputesmarty156 has a reputation beyond repute

What does the order that you signed say? If the car they are saying they've ordered is different to the signed order form then you're entitled to your deposit back I'd say.
Old Jul 31st 2015, 6:59 pm
Just Joined

Sammyantha is an unknown quantity at this point

We haven't signed anything but they're saying the deposit is non refundable despite pointing out numerous breaches to their t&c's
Old Jul 31st 2015, 7:01 pm
Forum Regular

smarty156 has a reputation beyond reputesmarty156 has a reputation beyond reputesmarty156 has a reputation beyond reputesmarty156 has a reputation beyond reputesmarty156 has a reputation beyond reputesmarty156 has a reputation beyond reputesmarty156 has a reputation beyond reputesmarty156 has a reputation beyond reputesmarty156 has a reputation beyond reputesmarty156 has a reputation beyond reputesmarty156 has a reputation beyond repute

Do you have emails? I had them email me all the quotes and then replied to the one I wanted.
Old Jul 31st 2015, 7:02 pm

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

IA order new cars from the manufacturer and are subject to whatever delivery they get quoted. My Jeep took 15 weeks back in 2006.

Are you dealing with the UK office. If you are having problems in might pay to call the New York office and speak to someone there. If you were very specific in detailing the car you wanted, and they have ordered something else, I don't see they can argue.

You can call Ford Customer Service on 1-800-392-3673 8am to 8pm eastern time, and explain the problem to them. The car companies come down on dealers who piss customers around.
Old Jul 31st 2015, 9:16 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sammyantha
We haven't signed anything but they're saying the deposit is non refundable despite pointing out numerous breaches to their t&c's
Why would you send a deposit when you haven't signed a contract?

In the absence of a contract I hope that there is an e-mail from you that says we want Model V in colour W, with options X, Y, and Z. Deposit to follow. Under UK law that is an "offer", which they can accept, or counter. Under UK law by accepting your deposit/ cashing your cheque, they accepted the terms you offered and cannot substitute other terms without your agreement.

Getting your deposit back might be tricky, but telling them that your purchase order was for Model V in colour W, with options X, Y, and Z, and that anything else will be rejected, should be straightforward, relatively.

In our case, we told IA what we wanted, they countered with what was "available". We responded saying that we wanted exactly what we wanted, and would wait to get it. IA ordered it directly from Ford Motors Corporation, and that was what was delivered to us.

Last edited by Pulaski; Jul 31st 2015 at 9:21 pm.
Old Jul 31st 2015, 10:01 pm
Austin. TX.

petitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond repute

Although the car is ordered through IA, it is Ford who do the financing. Phone Ford directly and tell them what is happening. if you need a phone number, I can probably dig one out because we got our car through IA and Ford almost 2 years ago.

We had no problems at all but we were warned to only order what they had in stock at that time - a colleague ordered a fancy Audi and it took months and months to arrive, IA kept pushing back the delivery date.
Old Jul 31st 2015, 10:34 pm
Forum Regular

The finance might not be with Ford. Ours wasn't even though it was a brand new Ford Explorer. The finance was through a bank (M&T Bank).
Old Aug 2nd 2015, 6:28 am
Forum Regular

daccs has a reputation beyond reputedaccs has a reputation beyond reputedaccs has a reputation beyond reputedaccs has a reputation beyond reputedaccs has a reputation beyond reputedaccs has a reputation beyond reputedaccs has a reputation beyond reputedaccs has a reputation beyond reputedaccs has a reputation beyond reputedaccs has a reputation beyond reputedaccs has a reputation beyond repute

I've leased 2 cars through IAS, pick them up in a about 8 weeks, sales process all been good. Its god to hear about positive experiences

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.