Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Insight into Phoenix Elementary Schools?

Insight into Phoenix Elementary Schools?

Old Nov 20th 2016, 12:34 pm
Just Joined

TaiTai is an unknown quantity at this point
Lightbulb Insight into Phoenix Elementary Schools?

We are moving to Phoenix with 3 young kids. Currently the eldest two are at a Montessori school ages 6 and 3. I have been doing internet searches for schools but I'm finding it hard to get a proper feel for the schools and what their teaching methods are. I'm a bit nervous of the transition from Montessori style to mainstream classrooms. Can anyone recommend a public school north of Phoenix with a nurturing child focussed approach? We have an opportunity to visit the area in the next couple of weeks.
Any tips or pointers greatly appreciated! Thanks
Old Nov 20th 2016, 2:35 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Insight into Phoenix Elementary Schools?

The metro Phoenix area is huge, and "north of Phoenix" could still encompass a large area. Can you be any more specific?

I actually don't know anything about schools, but I live in Mesa and work in Tempe, so I know "north of Phoenix" is still pretty huge.

How far north are you looking at?

Rene
Old Nov 20th 2016, 3:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Why not send the children to Montessori schools in Phoenix?

Have you investigated that possibility?
Old Nov 20th 2016, 11:28 pm
Some Where in the Desert

AZ_Alba is a glorious beacon of lightAZ_Alba is a glorious beacon of lightAZ_Alba is a glorious beacon of lightAZ_Alba is a glorious beacon of lightAZ_Alba is a glorious beacon of lightAZ_Alba is a glorious beacon of lightAZ_Alba is a glorious beacon of lightAZ_Alba is a glorious beacon of lightAZ_Alba is a glorious beacon of lightAZ_Alba is a glorious beacon of lightAZ_Alba is a glorious beacon of light

They also have charter and church based schools as well as public schools here.
Old Nov 21st 2016, 5:21 am
Just Joined

TaiTai is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for your replies.
The office is near Sun City/Peoria. Ideally my husband wants a commute of less than 20 minutes so we'll be limited by that. I was thinking a public neighbourhood school would be best for the social lives of the kids and our finances! I did had a look at Montessori schools but due to my sons' age there are not many schools that teach beyond kindergarten age in a location nearby.
I'll have a look at charter schools but as we are not of any particular faith I'm uncertain about putting them into church schools.
Plenty of options to consider! we are currently living in Asia so it will be a very different set up in Arizona and your insight is appreciated! Thanks again.