Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

I want to move to New York from the UK

I want to move to New York from the UK

Old Nov 19th 2009, 10:51 pm
Are we there yet?

Trixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I want to move to New York from the UK

Originally Posted by fsm
I moved here without a degree, I had a good attorney and 12 years experience, while on the the 2nd of my H1B1 visa's I married an American.

Now I have citizenship.

Word to the wise be very afraid off websites offering to place or help usually they just take your money.

Well done you. The visa that you first arrived on isn't available to any tom dick or harriet is it!

Good point about people trying to sell you a way in to the us....
the link posted previously in this thread was also asking for $20 for information packs - Folks there is no need to pay for the information. It's all freely available on the USICS web site

www.uscis.gov

Last edited by Trixie_b; Nov 19th 2009 at 11:25 pm.
Old Nov 19th 2009, 11:15 pm
Just Joined

Flasetta is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Trixie_b
While you're buggering about with fonts, would you like to answer my question?
Oh bugger it! I hate to burst your bubble but I was BORN an American. Scottish mum/American dad. I have NEVER had a visa of any kind! In fact, I have TWO passports. Not only that, but I am also Mexican on my dad's side. So, I also speak Spanish. I used to come here on many vacations growing up.
So, put that in your bloody pipe and smoke it...(long draws now) ... BTW: Flasetta is my middle name, from my paternal Nana... Adios

Hasta La Vista bebe...

Last edited by Flasetta; Nov 19th 2009 at 11:19 pm.
Old Nov 19th 2009, 11:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Englishtart
So who were you in your past life?
Old Nov 19th 2009, 11:19 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Flasetta
Oh bugger it! I hate to burst your bubble but I was BORN an American. Scottish mum/American dad. I have NEVER had a visa of any kind! In fact, I have TWO passports. Not only that, but I am also Mexican on my dad's side. So, I also speak Spanish. I used to come here on many vacations growing up.
So, put that in your bloody pipe and smoke it...(long draws now) ...

Hasta La Vista bebe...
We're still waiting for your marvelous help for the OP. You've sent him to usa.gov. What's he meant to do now?
Old Nov 19th 2009, 11:21 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by fatbrit
We're still waiting for your marvelous help for the OP. You've sent him to usa.gov. What's he meant to do now?
I haven't a clue. I was just trying to be helpful. I Googled US VISA and that's what I thought looked good, safe and legal. That's all.

Last edited by Flasetta; Nov 19th 2009 at 11:24 pm.
Old Nov 19th 2009, 11:23 pm
Are we there yet?

Trixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond repute

So, put that in your bloody pipe and smoke it...(long draws now) ...

Hasta La Vista bebe...
You really are quite vile aren't you? The reason I was asking was because if you had managed to get into America, legally and jumped through the hoops, that you might be able to offer some advice on how to do it to the original poster.
However, you are here by birthright... something that he doesn't have, so actually you know sweet FA about how to apply, what critera applies etc...

As for smoking, vile, but not quite as vile as you...
Old Nov 19th 2009, 11:27 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Trixie_b
You really are quite vile aren't you? The reason I was asking was because if you had managed to get into America, legally and jumped through the hoops, that you might be able to offer some advice on how to do it to the original poster.
However, you are here by birthright... something that he doesn't have, so actually you know sweet FA about how to apply, what critera applies etc...

As for smoking, vile, but not quite as vile as you...
I'd like to thank you so much for your very, very kind words...

Gracias...
Old Nov 19th 2009, 11:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Englishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond repute

I'd like to thank you so much for your very, very kind words...

Gracias...
You really are a riot, you should be on the stage....next one leaves in ten minutes!
Old Nov 19th 2009, 11:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

BritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond repute

I haven't a clue.
Oh, we already knew that. We just didn't know that you knew it.

We know everything already here, we don't need any input from folks who are just guessing.
Old Nov 20th 2009, 12:14 am
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

The OP appears not to have been around awhile, and as this thread seems to have gone down hill I am closing it.

I would appreciate it if our newer member would take the time to cast his eye over our site rules. Particularly rule 1

Many thanks