Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

I want to move to New York from the UK

I want to move to New York from the UK

Old Nov 19th 2009, 5:03 am
Pedantic Moron

Michelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I want to move to New York from the UK

Originally Posted by Flasetta
Wow. I sure am glad I don't have the OPs problem. What a load of negative and truly horrid replies. You'd all think because you (like me) have made the USA home, that no one else should make the very same move to improve their life/lifestyles.

OP: try this site for all your needs and bloody good luck to you! :0)... Most of the stuff in this thread is utter gobbledygook!

www.usa.gov
What parts were gobbledygook? All of the advice and suggestions offered were good as far as I can see.
Old Nov 19th 2009, 12:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

BritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond repute

a) What a load of negative and truly horrid replies.

b) You'd all think because you (like me) have made the USA home, that no one else should make the very same move to improve their life/lifestyles.

c) Most of the stuff in this thread is utter gobbledygook!
a) Sometimes the truth hurts.....live with it.

b) Bollocks. You have no idea what motivations others contributing to the thread have, so kindly don't be rude enough to impute such.

c) It all seems plain enough to me, perhaps you need to do more research on the subject yourself so you can understand what's being written, before putting the boot in?
Old Nov 19th 2009, 1:04 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

You'd all think because you (like me) have made the USA home, that no one else should make the very same move to improve their life/lifestyles.
We live in the real world and deal with such questions in an honest and realistic manner. If you can't handle the honesty here... well, that's your problem - not ours.

Ian
Old Nov 19th 2009, 2:41 pm
Just Joined

sleepysnooze is just really nicesleepysnooze is just really nicesleepysnooze is just really nicesleepysnooze is just really nicesleepysnooze is just really nicesleepysnooze is just really nicesleepysnooze is just really nicesleepysnooze is just really nice

Op has no chance of getting a visa. Sorry.
Old Nov 19th 2009, 3:01 pm
Are we there yet?

Trixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond repute

Wow. I sure am glad I don't have the OPs problem. What a load of negative and truly horrid replies. You'd all think because you (like me) have made the USA home, that no one else should make the very same move to improve their life/lifestyles.

OP: try this site for all your needs and bloody good luck to you! :0)... Most of the stuff in this thread is utter gobbledygook!

www.usa.gov
Hey, I just wondered which visa route you took to get here Flasetta. Perhaps that might be useful to the OP to see how other people achieve what he wants.

I married a USC, which is why I'm in the US, I wouldn't have qualified any other way (not that it was a dream of mine anyway) it just turned out that I fell in love.
Old Nov 19th 2009, 3:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

CitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond repute

www.usa.gov
What sort of more positive replies would you like? Would you like the suggestion that he can just get on a plane, arrive in JFK, and pick up his visa on the way out or would it more benefit this person to hear the facts and reality relating to his chances of moving over?

What's the point in sugarcoating something when it's a nice cut and dry situation?
Old Nov 19th 2009, 8:36 pm
Just Joined

Flasetta is an unknown quantity at this point

Wow! I sure am not the only 'mouthy' one here from the UK eh?

Eh?
Old Nov 19th 2009, 8:37 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by BritishGuy36
a) Sometimes the truth hurts.....live with it.

b) Bollocks. You have no idea what motivations others contributing to the thread have, so kindly don't be rude enough to impute such.

c) It all seems plain enough to me, perhaps you need to do more research on the subject yourself so you can understand what's being written, before putting the boot in?
BOLLOCKS back atcha ya nasty horror story!
Old Nov 19th 2009, 9:39 pm
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

Oh, come on, I'm sure you can find a bigger, bolder, meaner font than that?
Old Nov 19th 2009, 10:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

BritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond repute

It's a good job you can't see me, you'd be upset at how hard I'm laughing.
Old Nov 19th 2009, 10:11 pm
Just Joined

Oh believe me. I can 'picture' ya! (lol)
Old Nov 19th 2009, 10:12 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by dunroving
Oh, come on, I'm sure you can find a bigger, bolder, meaner font than that?

Yeah, you're right, I can.
Old Nov 19th 2009, 10:14 pm
Are we there yet?

Trixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Trixie_b
Hey, I just wondered which visa route you took to get here Flasetta. Perhaps that might be useful to the OP to see how other people achieve what he wants.

I married a USC, which is why I'm in the US, I wouldn't have qualified any other way (not that it was a dream of mine anyway) it just turned out that I fell in love.
While you're buggering about with fonts, would you like to answer my question?
Old Nov 19th 2009, 10:23 pm
fsm
So I am where?

fsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of light

I moved here without a degree, I had a good attorney and 12 years experience, while on the the 2nd of my H1B1 visa's I married an American.

Now I have citizenship.

Word to the wise be very afraid off websites offering to place or help usually they just take your money.
Old Nov 19th 2009, 10:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Englishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, you're right, I can.
So who were you in your past life?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.