I want to move to America

Old Jul 21st 2017, 9:11 am
Just Joined

Danny2312 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I want to move to America

Okay I’m 18 from Britain and I want to move to the America. I have a girlfriend in Washington state and we’ve been dating for a year and a half today. We met for the first time a few weeks ago and it was just as perfect as we thought but now we can’t stand to be apart from each other. We’re not really ready to marry as we don’t want to rush it, I’m not too fussed about it I’d rather not rush it but I know it’s the easiest option. I was wondering if there was an option that doesn’t require marriage just yet. After visiting the U.S. I found I loved every aspect of it and I just didn’t want to leave. I know the immigration system is a lengthy process and I’m not in a huge rush to move over but I would like to be over there in at least 1 year maybe 2 year. If you guys can help me that would be great thanks a lot in advance!!
Old Jul 21st 2017, 9:39 am
BE Forum Addict

Silverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I want to move to America

Starting point would be reading here http://britishexpats.com/forum/us-im...ork-us-585898/

Also suggest reading the various threads in the immigration forum

Last edited by Silverdragon102; Jul 21st 2017 at 9:40 am. Reason: Add
Old Jul 21st 2017, 10:03 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Danny2312
Okay I’m 18 from Britain and I want to move to the America. I have a girlfriend in Washington state and we’ve been dating for a year and a half today. We met for the first time a few weeks ago and it was just as perfect as we thought but now we can’t stand to be apart from each other. We’re not really ready to marry as we don’t want to rush it, I’m not too fussed about it I’d rather not rush it but I know it’s the easiest option. I was wondering if there was an option that doesn’t require marriage just yet. After visiting the U.S. I found I loved every aspect of it and I just didn’t want to leave. I know the immigration system is a lengthy process and I’m not in a huge rush to move over but I would like to be over there in at least 1 year maybe 2 year. If you guys can help me that would be great thanks a lot in advance!!
For you, not really, you will not have the education qualifications or work experience, and are unlikely to have worked for a UK firm with a US presence at the relevant level, so, unless you have a shed load of money to invest, think £500000, then marriage IS your only way to get there to live and work.
Old Jul 21st 2017, 10:38 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikelincs
For you, not really, you will not have the education qualifications or work experience, and are unlikely to have worked for a UK firm with a US presence at the relevant level, so, unless you have a shed load of money to invest, think £500000, then marriage IS your only way to get there to live and work.
American university? Get a degree and see where the relationship goes. Win-win!
Old Jul 21st 2017, 11:24 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

For someone your age, I'd suggest an F-1 student visa to study in the USA.

Rene
Old Jul 21st 2017, 12:04 pm
Banned

Twinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond repute

Glad you liked Washington state - I live here and it's a very beautiful part of the country.

I have to say, visiting here (especially for the first time and with the added excitement of a new girlfriend and the honeymoon phase that this brings) is completely different from living here. You're very young. And even younger here - you can't even buy a beer here for another three years! Take time to get to know each other. If you have enough money to support yourself and pay tuition then a student visa might be a good idea. If not, keep visiting, get beyond the honeymoon phase, get to know what life (not holidays) is really like here, come in the winter when we've got snow and ice. It's going to be a huge step. Take your time over it.
Old Jul 21st 2017, 12:11 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

I was wondering if there was an option that doesn’t require marriage just yet.
Yes, there are... three, in fact: an employment-based visa, an investment-based visa, or a student visa. Those last two will be expensive! Since you've given us no indication whatsoever of your education, skills, and/or experience, it's difficult to make a recommendation. We're good... but we're not mind readers.

So, if you want good information, give good information.

Ian
Old Jul 21st 2017, 12:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

KK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Twinkle0927
Glad you liked Washington state - I live here and it's a very beautiful part of the country.

I have to say, visiting here (especially for the first time and with the added excitement of a new girlfriend and the honeymoon phase that this brings) is completely different from living here. You're very young. And even younger here - you can't even buy a beer here for another three years! Take time to get to know each other. If you have enough money to support yourself and pay tuition then a student visa might be a good idea. If not, keep visiting, get beyond the honeymoon phase, get to know what life (not holidays) is really like here, come in the winter when we've got snow and ice. It's going to be a huge step. Take your time over it.
Old Jul 22nd 2017, 1:05 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by mikelincs
Oh okay, well I guess I’ll just have to wait unless something else crops up as I don’t have amazing qualifications. The only thing I have is I’m a freelance photographer but as I didn’t bother with taking photography in school I don’t have any qualifications to back it up
Old Jul 22nd 2017, 1:07 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Dorothy
American university? Get a degree and see where the relationship goes. Win-win!
That sounds like a good idea I did think about that but how would that help with moving? Or is that just to delay it until we’re ready to get married?
Old Jul 22nd 2017, 1:07 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Noorah101
For someone your age, I'd suggest an F-1 student visa to study in the USA.

Rene
Yeah sounds like a good idea I just don’t understand how it’ll help me move there?
Old Jul 22nd 2017, 1:15 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Twinkle0927

Well I guess there is that but to be honest nearly everything is so much better over there like even though there’s open carry in that state I still feel safer than where I am now, knife crime is huge over in the uk... I’m scared to even look at a chav (a gangster but a lot less threatening) in case they get the wrong idea. And I do have plans for coming for Christmas so I’ll be able to come for winter. Alright I’ll go to college I mean I do need it as I really regret not listening as much in school. This is great advice thanks so much!!
Old Jul 22nd 2017, 1:17 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Yes, there are... three, in fact: an employment-based visa, an investment-based visa, or a student visa. Those last two will be expensive! Since you've given us no indication whatsoever of your education, skills, and/or experience, it's difficult to make a recommendation. We're good... but we're not mind readers.

So, if you want good information, give good information.

Ian
Sorry about that. I really don’t have many qualifications except the normal ones like maths English and science. I’ve got some experience as a bartender as that’s my job right now but I doubt that would help. I’m a photographer on the side but I don’t have qualifications and it’s more of a hobby rather than a job. That’s about it really
Old Jul 22nd 2017, 1:26 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah sounds like a good idea I just don’t understand how it’ll help me move there?
Well, a US degree helps get your foot in the door with US companies who might want to sponsor you for a work visa. It allows you to spend 4 years in the USA to build up your US contracts and network within your field.

Your ability to work is limited, though.

And who knows, you might decide to get married and file AOS (but that can't be your intent on an F-1 visa).

Rene
Old Jul 22nd 2017, 1:29 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

I just don’t understand how it’ll help me move there?
Umm... in order to study in the US, you have to be in the US! We're not talking about online courses here!

I’ll go to college I mean I do need it as I really regret not listening as much in school.
If you're going to live in the US, you'll have to come to terms with the concept that it is very heavily driven by qualifications. If you don't have at least a 2-year Associate degree, you'll miss out on most jobs - and you'll need a Bachelor's degree to get any kind of good-paying job.

Ian

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.