Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

I have just been legally mugged in Publix super market

I have just been legally mugged in Publix super market

Old Jan 18th 2012, 8:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

frrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond repute
Default I have just been legally mugged in Publix super market

I don't want to whine & be a British winger (Is that the correct spelling?)

I know I have lived here a long time.

When did 30oz Hellmanns Mayo, cost $5.99, I remember buying the bigger jar for $1.99.

200 ft store brand Tin Foil, $6.99 (reynolds $9.99 +), i remember that was $1.99, $2.99,$3.99.

Italian sausage, store brand (When I wa a kid, it was poor peoples dinner food, only to be eaten for breakfast), now $4.99lb.

Anglesoft 12 double rolls $6.99, they have some brands at $10.

Boars Head, cooked meats @ $10.99lb, not long ago was $5.99 lb.

Cut loaf bread $4.49.

Bakin spuds are $1 each.
Gasoline is on the rise, rents are up.

My cable & internet bill, no special HBO etc $150, 1992 I was paying $20 for cable.

The government keep saying, all is well, no inflation, lying bastards.

Who on here is getting raises in salary to keep up with their living standard of 10-20-30 years ago?????????

Got that off my chest.
Frank R.
Old Jan 18th 2012, 8:50 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I have just been legally mugged in Publix super market

when I were a lad, all this were fields.......
Old Jan 18th 2012, 8:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

frrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Manc
when I were a lad, all this were fields.......

And we ate Hovis.

Reg. Frank R.
Old Jan 18th 2012, 8:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

CelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond repute

.....walked miles to school in knee deep snow wearing no shoes
Old Jan 18th 2012, 9:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Scouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by frrussre
I don't want to whine & be a British winger
Well.....you failed

Jim.
Old Jan 18th 2012, 9:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by CelticRover
Bread crumbs, monday to Saturday & cake crumbs on Sunday.

Frank
Old Jan 18th 2012, 9:09 pm
I love my brick!

zargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond repute

Up hill both ways...
Old Jan 18th 2012, 9:09 pm
Forum Regular

Craig1987 has a spectacular aura aboutCraig1987 has a spectacular aura aboutCraig1987 has a spectacular aura about

When I was a kid, I had to walk to school with only one shoe. Whenever someone said "Did you lose one?", I'd say "No, I found one."
Spoiler:
Yes, I stole that from south park, but still funny.
Old Jan 18th 2012, 9:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond repute

Prices are prices and you have to live with the prices that they charge.

However I live across from a Safeway that seems to have a moron as the manager of the produce section and all other employees don't seem to care. I purchase produce on special and when I checkout at the self checkout stands, about once a week, one of the items is priced incorrectly. I then notify the local supervisor that it was miss priced but he is usually busy and can't check the price for about 15 minutes later so I wait and wait. Finally he comes back and manually goes into the machine to give me credit and I walk out of the store with all my frozen food melted.

I finally got wise and when I see an incorrect price, I tell the local supervisor that I will be making a price check so don't let anyone think I left my items. I then go back and tear off the tag and bring it to the supervisor and he again manually goes into the machine to give me credit.

I've come to know most of the supervisors on a first name basis and I've asked them how this happens so often and he said it is likely that we have too much of that produce and it will spoil if they can't get rid of it quickly so the produce manager directs the employees to put reduced price signs on the produce but forgets to update the computer. By the next morning he has his long list of things he forgot to do and then updates the computer. However all those people that purchased those items and used the regular checkout stand where everything zooms past on the screens at high speed doesn't know they are getting over charged.

So I asked the local supervisor if he has weekly meetings with all the other managers and he said he did. I asked him if he could bring up this issue and see if it can be resolved. However it never got resolved.

Also the local supervisor doesn't have any authority to upgrade the system with the correct price but he doesn't even try to ring the produce manager on the phone but instead just lets the price the same to see how many more people will get screwed before the evening is over.
Old Jan 18th 2012, 9:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Scouse Express
Well.....you failed

Jim.

Nope, not really. I am a USC, bitching and complaining abot the cost of living.

Frank R.

Last edited by frrussre; Jan 18th 2012 at 9:24 pm.
Old Jan 18th 2012, 9:20 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Aldi mate.
Old Jan 18th 2012, 9:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Scouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zargof
Up hill both ways...
Here's the Original Four Yorkshire Men Sketch, seeing as though you reminded me of it, with that post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eDaSvRO9xA

Jim.
Old Jan 18th 2012, 9:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Personally think, minimum wage needs to be $20 per hour & other salaries raised accordingly.
In last 20 years,wages need to be at least double to triple what they were to keep up with inflation "Spending Power".

Would like other peoples opinions.

Gasoline, may head towards $5 again, I remember paying 89c a gal 10-12 years ago.

Reg. Frank R.
Old Jan 18th 2012, 9:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Scouse Express
Here's the Original Four Yorkshire Men Sketch, seeing as though you reminded me of it, with that post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eDaSvRO9xA

Jim.
Brill, I remember it.

Frank R.
Old Jan 18th 2012, 9:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by frrussre
Brill, I remember it.

Frank R.
Good to see Tim Brooke-Taylor doing something else, apart from The Goodies.

Great Sketch!

Jim.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.