Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

how easy is it to move to usa from uk?

how easy is it to move to usa from uk?

Old Jul 12th 2005, 4:36 am

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: how easy is it to move to usa from uk?

Originally Posted by anotherlimey
Whatever you do.... leave the USA on the 17th - or before your 90 days is up, which ever occurs first.
Before the dark side takes over..................
Old Aug 8th 2005, 11:04 pm
Just Joined

daeasy78 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Re: how easy is it to move to usa from uk?

Originally Posted by anotherlimey
Whatever you do.... leave the USA on the 17th - or before your 90 days is up, which ever occurs first.
well my staying is coming to an end and i have heeded your advice and will leave within the visa time limits.......but i been thinking and was wondering whether you or anyone knows if it maybe easier to bring my fiance to england...marry there and then she brings me back to US as her husband.....what are the pro's and cons please....anyone ever been through the same scenario and can share their experiences...... many thanks
Old Aug 8th 2005, 11:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

britchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud ofbritchicknyc has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by daeasy78
well my staying is coming to an end and i have heeded your advice and will leave within the visa time limits.......but i been thinking and was wondering whether you or anyone knows if it maybe easier to bring my fiance to england...marry there and then she brings me back to US as her husband.....what are the pro's and cons please....anyone ever been through the same scenario and can share their experiences...... many thanks
Much easier. www.britainusa.com for visas. good luck
Old Aug 8th 2005, 11:52 pm
Return of bouncing girl!

Wintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond repute

There's no problem marrying your fiancee (congratulations on the engagement btw ) in the UK, so long as she doesn't intend to remain there. She needs to have a special visa for marriage and also needs to fulfill certain residency requirements in the year before you marry, but it's no real biggie.

You still face the same problem getting into the US though - you would then need to apply for a K-3 (spouse) visa as opposed to a K-1 (fiance) visa. I have no idea what the waiting times for processing these visas are and therefore can't advise you as to which visa is the best.

Have you posted this question in the marriage based visas forum (as someone suggested before)? - you will get a much better response there.
Old Aug 8th 2005, 11:54 pm
Return of bouncing girl!

Wintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wintersong
Have you posted this question in the marriage based visas forum (as someone suggested before)? - you will get a much better response there.
I see that you haven't.

Not much point asking for advice if you're not going to heed it
Old Aug 9th 2005, 12:02 am
Former Blonde

FlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by britchicknyc
Much easier. www.britainusa.com for visas. good luck
Only easier if they both want to stay there in the UK otherwise the K1 is generally the most uncomplicated way, (and also the quickest way) for him to come over and stay in the US.

If this route is followed then you must both be free to marry and the marriage, (upon successful visa issuance) must take place in the US.

Other restrictions apply and other forms must be filed after this.
Old Aug 9th 2005, 1:11 am
BE Enthusiast

Lesley1020 has a reputation beyond reputeLesley1020 has a reputation beyond reputeLesley1020 has a reputation beyond reputeLesley1020 has a reputation beyond reputeLesley1020 has a reputation beyond reputeLesley1020 has a reputation beyond reputeLesley1020 has a reputation beyond reputeLesley1020 has a reputation beyond reputeLesley1020 has a reputation beyond reputeLesley1020 has a reputation beyond reputeLesley1020 has a reputation beyond repute

i would like people to please let me know how easy it is to move permanently to USA from england. I am 27 and have A levels but no degree. I recently meet a girl while in America and am looking to make a life with her here, anyone tell me what i need to do or.......has anyone been in my situation how was it for you?.....thanks people
You could, as someone suggested, try for a student visa if you have A LOT of money to get through school... or you could take a look at this (without a degree you would have to look at the Professional Career Training program, scroll down a bit on this page...

http://www.internshipusa.org/trainee...m/trainee.html
Old Aug 9th 2005, 1:29 pm
Never right in the head!

Yosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Manc
Not surprised you missed out on your degree after reading that mess.

Were you pissed lad?

had a right chortle at that one myself!