Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Heinz Direct? daylight robbery!

Heinz Direct? daylight robbery!

Old Jun 22nd 2004, 3:17 pm
Just around the next bend

dbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond repute
Default Heinz Direct? daylight robbery!

I have been looking through the vast list of US suppliers of British food, trying to find one that is reliable and has what I want. I got sidetracked with HeinzDirect, and their website provides every Heinz goods you could want. So how much for this service? "Click here for example prices"

http://www.heinz-direct.co.uk/

Example 2.
To send a tray of 12 cans of Baked Beans (200g), one Grocery Gift Hamper and 12 jars of Sandwich Spread to the United States:
12 Cans Baked Beans = £3.36
Grocery Gift Hamper = £24.99
12 Jars Sandwich Spread = £8.28

SUB TOTAL = £36.63
Express Delivery = £61.31
TOTAL = £97.94

So the goods in the example cost £36.63, and the delivery charge is £61.31 :scared: :scared: :scared:

Meanwhile, can anyone recommend a service that delivers without needing a second mortgage?

Debbie
Old Jun 22nd 2004, 3:42 pm

BrigieDarling will become famous soon enough

Kinell!

:scared:
Old Jun 22nd 2004, 3:42 pm
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Heinz Direct? daylight robbery!

Originally posted by dbark
<<snip>>

So the goods in the example cost £36.63, and the delivery charge is £61.31 :scared: :scared: :scared:

Meanwhile, can anyone recommend a service that delivers without needing a second mortgage?

Debbie
Does the Heinz site not offer multiple methods of shipping? i.e. a slower service would be cheaper?
Old Jun 22nd 2004, 3:44 pm
You Are All Diseased

rincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond repute

I use these guys:

www.britishdelights.com

They use UPS so you can track your order and you also have the option of thermal packaging (only $6.00) which is a must at this time of year.

You normally do have to shop around to find who has everything you need.

Here is a list of other suppliers:

www.britsintheus.com/foods.htm

Sure was nice to be able to eat a real Mars Bar (not that crappy wrongly named Milky Way crap they sell) and Maltesers (US Whoppers taste disgusting).
Old Jun 22nd 2004, 3:53 pm
Through the square window

Webbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond repute

Hey they've got to raise more money for Kerry's campaign somehow....

Bush has his oil buddies.

Kerry has his missus and her beans
Old Jun 22nd 2004, 4:08 pm
You Are All Diseased

rincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Webbie
Hey they've got to raise more money for Kerry's campaign somehow....

Bush has his oil buddies.

Kerry has his missus and her beans

Nice one.
Old Jun 22nd 2004, 4:34 pm
Just around the next bend

dbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by rincewind
I use these guys:

www.britishdelights.com

They use UPS so you can track your order and you also have the option of thermal packaging (only $6.00) which is a must at this time of year.

You normally do have to shop around to find who has everything you need.

Here is a list of other suppliers:

www.britsintheus.com/foods.htm

Sure was nice to be able to eat a real Mars Bar (not that crappy wrongly named Milky Way crap they sell) and Maltesers (US Whoppers taste disgusting).
Thanks, I'll give them a whirl. And now, you have me craving Maltesers .......yummmmmmm .. and crunchie bars .... H'mmm, I'm wondering if PMT approaches with all this chocolate craving!!!
Old Jun 22nd 2004, 4:40 pm
You Are All Diseased

Originally posted by dbark
Thanks, I'll give them a whirl. And now, you have me craving Maltesers .......yummmmmmm .. and crunchie bars .... H'mmm, I'm wondering if PMT approaches with all this chocolate craving!!!

Just to make you crave even more, I stocked up on:

Mars Bars
Milky Bars
Crunchies
Lion Bars
Double Deckers (my wife stole those)
Bountys (she stole those too )
Flakes
Yorkie Bars
Mint Aero
Loads of other chocolate that I can't remember now
Pot Noodles
Marmite
PG Tips
Radox Muscle Soak (to help with the stomach cramps after eating so much chocolate )
Old Jun 22nd 2004, 5:02 pm
I'm as thick as a plank!

PrincessofWales is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE]Originally posted by rincewind
I use these guys:

www.britishdelights.com

Think I may order that Union Jack just in time for July 4th, and throw in some Schweppes Bitter Lemon too...I'd completely forgotten about Bitter Lemon...
Old Jun 22nd 2004, 5:53 pm
Maño-Americano

ironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond repute

Deb,
Often if you ask in your favorite grocery store, they will try to stock a few items- if the sell they continue to stock them; if not, you can buy "case" quantities from the store- Cathy and I have been able to get Publix to bring in Spanish serrano ham, chorizo and a few other items. Usually we buy 1/2 of the 24 packages they bring, so they tend to keep them on the shelves, but they also told us that they would order whatever from their supplier if we bought the minimum case size.

Might be worth a try- if the items you want are made for export, I am sure they are in someone's catalog.
Old Jun 22nd 2004, 9:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

supernav will become famous soon enoughsupernav will become famous soon enough
Exclamation

Isn't there a US company/store that has all these items already in stock (bought in bulk to save on shipping costs) so they can ship right from here in the states to your front door???

If not -- perhaps you just stumbled upon a great business idea.

-= nav =-
Old Jun 24th 2004, 1:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Duncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond repute

Yes there is. I found one place in NH I think that charges UPS shipping rates based on what they get charged. It works out at around $7-$15 for a fair old whack of stuff. The prices are a little more but it works out cheaper when shipping is calculated. I forgot the site name, will post when I remember!
Old Jun 24th 2004, 1:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Duncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond repute

OK, it's in MA and it's www.britishsupplies.com. They also have a shop if you live in the area!