Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

The health care bill is past by just 7 votes!

The health care bill is past by just 7 votes!

Old Mar 22nd 2010, 8:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The health care bill is past by just 7 votes!

Originally Posted by WARPed
Someone get me out of this god forsaken hell hole of a retarded state!

Efforts underway in Florida to stop health care reform

Disclaimer: No offense intended to anyone who actually likes FL.
Idiots. Clear and simple. I suppose based on this statement.."This is a tax or a penalty on just living and that's unconstitutional," McCollum said. "There's no provision in the U.S. Constitution to give Congress the power to do that." They should be going after Medicaid and Social Security withholding next. I suppose the list is quite long of things that are not included in the Constitution, so they should be busy for quite some time. Idiots.
Old Mar 22nd 2010, 8:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute

Someone get me out of this god forsaken hell hole of a retarded state!

Efforts underway in Florida to stop health care reform

Disclaimer: No offense intended to anyone who actually likes FL.
Saw something about Idaho trying to do the same thing the other day. Last I checked, federal law trumps state law. All the Fed has to do is deny state funds if they somehow try to weasel out of participating in this reform.
Old Mar 22nd 2010, 9:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

WARPed has a reputation beyond reputeWARPed has a reputation beyond reputeWARPed has a reputation beyond reputeWARPed has a reputation beyond reputeWARPed has a reputation beyond reputeWARPed has a reputation beyond reputeWARPed has a reputation beyond reputeWARPed has a reputation beyond reputeWARPed has a reputation beyond reputeWARPed has a reputation beyond reputeWARPed has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nettlebed
Why not consider moving to Seattle?
Funny you should mention that!
Old Mar 22nd 2010, 9:10 pm
Shocked of Redmond

nettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond repute

Funny you should mention that!
Just don't overshoot: you'll end up in AK...
Old Mar 22nd 2010, 9:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

WARPed has a reputation beyond reputeWARPed has a reputation beyond reputeWARPed has a reputation beyond reputeWARPed has a reputation beyond reputeWARPed has a reputation beyond reputeWARPed has a reputation beyond reputeWARPed has a reputation beyond reputeWARPed has a reputation beyond reputeWARPed has a reputation beyond reputeWARPed has a reputation beyond reputeWARPed has a reputation beyond repute

Old Mar 22nd 2010, 9:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond repute

Hopefully not resembling a Caribou when viewed from a helicopter.
Old Mar 22nd 2010, 9:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Looks like Republicans everywhere are getting on the bandwagon, even up your way!

Seattle Times: McKenna says he'll sue to block health-care law

Originally Posted by dakota44
Hopefully not resembling a Caribou when viewed from a helicopter.
LOL
Old Mar 22nd 2010, 9:22 pm
Peace onion

Octang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by another bloody yank
Oh.

Well, at least it'll be cheaper soon, right?
Alright, I'm going to chime in.

Some of you that have only been here a few years or less just don't get it.
This is the United States, not Britain. The history and mindset are different.
You're like the Californians who flocking to Colorado. They bankrupted their state due to their "progressive" policies, and then they come here and want to do exactly the same.

No, it won't be cheaper. It's going to get a hell of a lot more expensive. And restrictive.

I agree that health care and the way it's paid for need to be reformed. But this bill was is a hodge-podge. All of you gleeful cretins who are so excited this thing happened, you don't see the bigger picture about what has been lost, and the cost.
Old Mar 22nd 2010, 9:22 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Cobra is available for 18 months after you lose your job in FL (my wife has had to rely on it several times over the last few years). You end up paying the premium that your old company would have paid, and to my knowledge actually remain on their policy, although obviously they do not contribute to it as they may have done when you worked for them. Also, Obama passed something not long after he got into office that reduced the Cobra rate by about 60% for something like 9 months to help those who had just been laid off. Quite frankly, without Cobra and the reduced premium rule Obama introduced my wife would have been royally screwed!
I'm just glad the missus was able to get insurance through her employer, wasn't as good as mine, but when I got laid off, the cobra bill for just me and the missus, taking out the extras like dental and not adding our daughter would have been $1600 a month...that's just not even funny when you're paying tax on your unemployment benefits
Old Mar 22nd 2010, 9:23 pm
Peace onion

Octang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler
I will be paying the fine and buying cover when I am sick.
You'll be in jail.
Old Mar 22nd 2010, 9:27 pm
Peace onion

Originally Posted by Ash UK/US
This bill is by no means perfect but it is a step in the right direction and a foot in the door.
Yeah, a foot in the door. To what?

A utopian society where there's universal healthcare and rainbows and unicorns for all! Whoopty doo! Just like the UK! With its MRSA infested hospitals.

Are you living in reality?
Old Mar 22nd 2010, 9:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Englishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Octang Frye
You'll be in jail.
At least he will get health care in there!
Old Mar 22nd 2010, 9:30 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
So very much unlike Massachusetts where while you are fined for not having health insurance at least state funded health insurance is available at an affordable cost.
It's not really though...it's on a sliding scale and for most people it's still just as expensive, it's only good for those who are to poor anyway, or those with pre-existing conditions.

It's a good starting point but never really evolved from it.
Old Mar 22nd 2010, 9:32 pm
Shocked of Redmond

nettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond repute

Looks like Republicans everywhere are getting on the bandwagon, even up your way!

Seattle Times: McKenna says he'll sue to block health-care law
Still not sure how much of this I believe from these blowhards: this is an election year, and Representatives who vote against this in blue states will be flayed.

Seriously, Obama needs to stop acting like a fscking pussy.
Old Mar 22nd 2010, 9:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Octang Frye
I agree that health care and the way it's paid for need to be reformed. But this bill was is a hodge-podge. All of you gleeful cretins who are so excited this thing happened, you don't see the bigger picture about what has been lost, and the cost.

It's a hodgepodge because of the failure on the part of politicians who are blind to the real need. But a hodgepodge is better than nothing and is possible to build on. That said, I much prefer the universal health care i enjoyed in Canada for the 29 years that I lived there. The U.S. will never reach that level of care.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.