Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

have i been told correctly?

have i been told correctly?

Old Aug 10th 2004, 9:12 am
Forum Regular

junenmark will become famous soon enoughjunenmark will become famous soon enough
Question have i been told correctly?

Could Someone Tell Me Please Exactly What Docs To Send Off With My I-130 Application.my Wife Is A Us Citizen And We Are Both Living In The Uk.do I Need My Birth Certificate Or Just My Wifes? Can We Still Travel Into The Usa While Our Application Is Going Through.do We Need To Both Fill In G-325a Forms,or Just One Of Us? Thankyou To Anyone That Can Help.we Are Looking To Move In May2005.if There Is Anything Else We Should Know We Would Be Really Grateful Of Any Experiences...thanks Again
Old Aug 10th 2004, 1:57 pm
Country Member

Location: Moved from Georgetown to Round Rock, Texas. 15 miles closer to civilization.
g1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: have i been told correctly?

This will tell you what you need to send.
To summarise, a copy of the photo page of her US passport, one passport pic of each of you, one G-325a for each of you and a photocopy of whatever document she will use to prove that she is a legal resident of the UK, be it her Leave To Remain sticker or her UK passport if she has one.

And don't forget the $185 fee. That is the first of many occassions that you will part with cash on your way to an immigrant visa.

HTH

and Yes you can travel to the US while your application is being processed.
Old Aug 10th 2004, 10:05 pm
Just me!

antjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: have i been told correctly?

Originally Posted by junenmark
Could Someone Tell Me Please Exactly What Docs To Send Off With My I-130 Application.my Wife Is A Us Citizen And We Are Both Living In The Uk.do I Need My Birth Certificate Or Just My Wifes? Can We Still Travel Into The Usa While Our Application Is Going Through.do We Need To Both Fill In G-325a Forms,or Just One Of Us? Thankyou To Anyone That Can Help.we Are Looking To Move In May2005.if There Is Anything Else We Should Know We Would Be Really Grateful Of Any Experiences...thanks Again
correct me if im wrong (im sure someone will?) but i thought if you entered america whilst applying for a seperate visa, you had to apply for an interim visa - basicaly to show you intend to leave..... i have just been through the DCF I 130 visa so if i can help at all just ask.....

Ant
Old Aug 10th 2004, 11:20 pm
Country Member

Location: Moved from Georgetown to Round Rock, Texas. 15 miles closer to civilization.
g1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by antjen
correct me if im wrong (im sure someone will?) but i thought if you entered america whilst applying for a seperate visa, you had to apply for an interim visa - basicaly to show you intend to leave..... i have just been through the DCF I 130 visa so if i can help at all just ask.....

Ant
OK, I will correct you.

You can travel on a visa waiver while your DCF is going through.

I know. I did it without any problem.
A.
Old Aug 11th 2004, 3:55 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

More info here:
http://www.usembassy.org.uk/cons_web.../ivprocess.htm
Old Aug 12th 2004, 4:52 pm
Forum Regular

junenmark will become famous soon enoughjunenmark will become famous soon enough

thankyou for your advice