Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Guide to very low cost international phone calls

Guide to very low cost international phone calls

Old Feb 27th 2017, 2:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

durham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Guide to very low cost international phone calls

Originally Posted by leepne
Purchase a United States phone call package on skype.

I did it a few years ago, I downloaded Skype on my Iphone, purchased $5 of Credit and then called US numbers on the Skype app like I was calling from a cell.
+1

Most calls I make to the USA from abroad are US toll-free numbers anyway so it costs nothing. (Calls to our friends and children are Skype to Skype or Facetime).

In 2013 while we were traveling in Europe I spotted lots of purchases on my credit card being made in person in New York City and Atlanta. Turns out my card had been cloned. Many phone calls to the credit card company sorted it out and all charges were reversed so it was very nice indeed to be able call from abroad to a 1-800 US number at no cost.
Old Feb 27th 2017, 3:29 pm
Chocoholic !

ChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Guide to very low cost international phone calls

We got rid of the landline, upped our internet speed and bundled our direct tv and saved money with at&t. We only use facetime for international calls so no additional cost. The Dude has a decent cell phone plan for $50 pm and mine is call and text but low data for $30. Would love to get the cell phones down a bit with better data.